Rubber upgrade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hi all

Currently play Xiom Vega Asia DF on FH and Xiom Vega Euro DF on BH, both max. I really like them but wanted to know what the next step up would be, looking for a bit more speed? Blade is a Xiom HAL.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
If staying in the Xiom family, you can always look at the Omega 7 series,
There is also Asia and Euro versions.

Other than Asia on the FH, you could also look at Pro version (I think Tour will be too fast/big of a jump)

Do you feel a big difference in power between Omega series and Vega series?

I feel. Vega just not have the amount of quality and tecnologies that Omega series have, my FH using a Omega VII Pro and using a Vega Pro is certainly different, i can generate a nice speed using the two rubbers because the speed depends of your body strenght transfer on the most. But when comes the forehand loop on underspin, counter and block, i can certanly tell you that the quality is different.
My BH using Omega VII Europe and using a Vega Europe is certainly different, OVII have much more bounce and catapult effect on topspin and especially in loop on underspin.

Personally, yes, they have a big difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I feel. Vega just not have the amount of quality and tecnologies that Omega series have, my FH using a Omega VII Pro and using a Vega Pro is certainly different, i can generate a nice speed using the two rubbers because the speed depends of your body strenght transfer on the most. But when comes the forehand loop on underspin, counter and block, i can certanly tell you that the quality is different.
My BH using Omega VII Europe and using a Vega Europe is certainly different, OVII have much more bounce and catapult effect on topspin and especially in loop on underspin.

Personally, yes, they have a big difference.

Yep, its different generation.
Omega is the "pro" version, while Vega is more for your "amateurs"

however, Vega (Pro if i'm correct), is a top 5 seller in Japan (home of the strong Butterfly and Nittaku ranges). It is also very surprising that a Korean brand can find ground there, while European brands all fail.
So this means, nothing wrong with Vega (many forumers think faster/pro version is the way to go)