Rubber with Soft Grippy topsheet

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
M3 not same hardness as Z3?
Z3 has a thicker sponge with thinner top-sheet which will make it more trampolinish and I had stated my preference for super bouncy rubbers. So, they may be of same hardness, but the deal breaker is the extra bounciness which is a feature I like in a rubber.

Reactions: piligrim
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
  • I believe you may have confused the sponge hardness with top-sheet. To my knowledge, the top-sheet role is to create spin by applying friction and the sponge underneath that is to create the trampoline effect.
  • I have used Z3 for two weeks now, and my experience seem to differ from you. I love the huge trampoline effect and with ease the ball goes over the net.
  • I had used Z1 on FH before, while it is amazing on FH during stroking and multiball which let one feel like they are pro hard hitter like Dima / Franziska / Aruna; it is a nightmare during game-play. The ball fly here and there. Z3, being the tamer version that I use it on my BH and to favourable effect. When blocking & pushing the ball, it seems tend to stay on the table rather than flying here and there.
I've used z3 for 2 years now, it goes rock hard and loses much of its grip within the first 6 months, mine is dead after 4, yet I do play 5 to 7 times a week. But still, it's supposed to be a flagship rubber, Tenergy lasts far longer.

The sponge is to create speed and a connection between blade and ball, it also aids the deformation of the topsheet, hence how people say elastic sponges, etc.

I never said that the Z3 doesn't have a catapult effect, it's a rocket. The thing is that the ball doesn't easily dig into the sponge because the topsheet has so much tension that it feels rock hard, yet that's why it's so fast.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
second it! Not sure if @Lowday20298 wrote about the same Bluestorm Z3?
I've it on the Donic Persson PowerPlay for 2 months already and it is grippy and spiny as f... hell!!! Excellent BH rubber, you can play what you want
Give it some time, I've had 2 over the last 4 years and I'm not making the same mistake again. It is a spinny rubber, but it hardens real fast and loses that safety that it first has when you buy it, yours is still fresh, give it 2 more months. I play 5 to 7 times a week and Tenergy never died before 7 or 8 months.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yes, stretchy topsheet gives soft feel under finger pressure, and stiff topsheet gives tight feel. The popular belief that a thinner topsheet will always have a soft touch is generally wrong.

Once again, you have to strain topsheet out and see the peak-load force to identify soft and hard rubber sheets.

BTW, a reputable Hong Kong supplier was found to use non-rubber materials for Anti rubber composition. They did pay penalty fees.a lot. Dont ask me names, please.
_________
FAIR PLAY FIRST