Septear lead + H3 blue sponge provincial 40 : Need advice

This user has no status.
Hello everyone ! I would like to associate an H3 blue sponge 40 degree forehand without boost on a Nittaku Septear lead. Knowing that this wood is a little off+ or even big all+ I wonder if the speed will be sufficient without breaking my arm at each topspin :) That my racket is not a rocket is not a problem because my game is based on topspin with rotation but I still have doubts! Please enlight me :D - I play at a small regional level in France for information, thank you in advance!

This user has no status.
From the Chinese amateurs a lot of tests, G surface material and H3 with not very well because the hardness is too large, and the deformation of the wood does not match, you can try ESN, DAIKI or Butterfly rubber try.
What you mean about " G material " ? I heard the Septear lead was precisely adapted to the hard rubber because of its soft touch

Hello everyone ! I would like to associate an H3 blue sponge 40 degree forehand without boost on a Nittaku Septear lead. Knowing that this wood is a little off+ or even big all+ I wonder if the speed will be sufficient without breaking my arm at each topspin :) That my racket is not a rocket is not a problem because my game is based on topspin with rotation but I still have doubts! Please enlight me :D - I play at a small regional level in France for information, thank you in advance!
Plenty of speed if you can hit hard. I play with a slower blade and prob orange 39. I can get all the speed I want on FH. On BH I need something with a little more catapult.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: OrsonBear
You didn't boost right ?
I did, but lightly, only two thin layer of sea moon. But the orange sponge reacts exceptionally well to sea moon so I had to wait a few days before gluing…
The 39 orange isn’t that hard so I could see myself using this without booster…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I did, but lightly, only two thin layer of sea moon. But the orange sponge reacts exceptionally well to sea moon so I had to wait a few days before gluing…
The 39 orange isn’t that hard so I could see myself using this without booster…

Cheers
L-zr
Ok but what about a 40 degree provincial blue sponge ? If you have already tried

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
If I'm not mistaken than the Septear Lead has a kiso kinoki top ply. The only blade I had with such an outer ply was a Cornilleau Hinotec Off- (hinoki, limba, ayous, limba, hinoki), 6mm, quite stiff and fast for a 5-ply wood (off- to low off when hit hard). Felt nice on BH with H8-80 but somewhat mushy with my H3s (39° and 40°, OS).
Patrick "ThePongProfessor" Hrdlicka liked the combination of Septear Lead with H3 in his review: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/nittaku-septear-lead-factive-7

Ok but what about a 40 degree provincial blue sponge ? If you have already tried
Haven’t tried, but I would boost it. It’s probably gonna be too hard and dead otherwise.

Cheers
L-zr

Go ahead and try boosting, now for the Christmas break it’s the perfect time. It’s not difficult. Just let it go back to near its original shape or it will be hell to glue. That’s the only thing. It could take anything from 2 days up to a week.

Cheers
L-zr

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
OS, this is such BS... ;-)

No, seriously, I too agree with Ben and L-zr. Even 1 layer is enough to make the top-sheet nicely stretched (that's for me at least equally important as the softer and more responsive sponge), it grabs the ball better.

However, if you just entering the "dense-sponge" territory (btw. sincere welcome, the more of us the better), and want to try things, then first glue it not-boosted, and give it a try. Then later, when you boost it, it will expand, be slightly bigger than the blade head, and easy to glue with overlap (which you might need to cut off).

This user has no status.
Thank you all for the answers ! So, in the past I had a commercial h3 neo 39 not boosted on the forehand and I found the speed correct and the feeling not so inert after all! But it was a 39... on a stratus power wood with sufficient speed. Anyway, I'll test this in a few days and I'll have my answer. If boost is necessary or not :D

Reactions: ben1229 and latej