Should I switch from S Classic Offensive to S Rosewood V?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I have been using Stiga Classic Offensive for last 2-3 years now and I liked it.
I have now bought a H3N Prov Blue sponge.
I really like spin.
From what I have read, Rosewood V seems like a good fit and I could get it for under 100 Euro but I dont want to switch if I am uncertain.
I have been reading very positive reviews about it and I think it would make me happy.
Also Xu Xin used to play with it but not for that long, Idk what to conclude from that.

I would be grateful for advice and recommendations.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
I have been using Stiga Classic Offensive for last 2-3 years now and I liked it.
I really like spin.
From what I have read, Rosewood V seems like a good fit and I could get it for under 100 Euro but I dont want to switch if I am uncertain.
I have been reading very positive reviews about it and I think it would make me happy.
Also Xu Xin used to play with it but not for that long, Idk what to conclude from that.

Is your style or level close to XX? If not then I wouldn't think too much about that.
Rosewood V would be faster than the OC while being a nice looping blade based on internet reviews. You can always buy it first but keep it in the box, only switch when you feel OC is too slow for you. By then maybe you already fell in love with some other ALC blade, in which case you can sell your Rosewood V with little depreciation :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Is your style or level close to XX? If not then I wouldn't think too much about that.
Rosewood V would be faster than the OC while being a nice looping blade based on internet reviews. You can always buy it first but keep it in the box, only switch when you feel OC is too slow for you. By then maybe you already fell in love with some other ALC blade, in which case you can sell your Rosewood V with little depreciation :)
I agree that you should be cautious and not choose a too fast blade. But I think it’s a strange question and advice to only be able to play with Rosewood if your level is top world class professional.
Many here on the forum play with Timo Boll ALC or HL5/w968 without being close to level with Timo Boll or Ma Long

Jan 2023
I agree that you should be cautious and not choose a too fast blade. But I think it’s a strange question and advice to only be able to play with Rosewood if your level is top world class professional.
Many here on the forum play with Timo Boll ALC or HL5/w968 without being close to level with Timo Boll or Ma Long
It was not my intention to say that you have to be a world class player to use the Rosewood.
OP is concerned about the quality of Rosewood V because XX moved on from it. I was trying to say that the fact that it didn't work for XX is almost irrelevant to whether this blade would fit OP or not.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
It was not my intention to say that you have to be a world class player to use the Rosewood.
OP is concerned about the quality of Rosewood V because XX moved on from it. I was trying to say that the fact that it didn't work for XX is almost irrelevant to whether this blade would fit OP or not.
I see! That makes more sense 😊

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I really like spin.

Be careful with the blade's weight. If you are now using a light OC say with 80g and get a not so rare RW5 weighing over 90g the difference will be quite large.
TTGearLab did some nice tests on many Stiga blades:
Speed: OC < Infinity < Arctic Wood < Intensity < RW5 = Korbel
Some Avalox blades could also be a good upgrade: P500 or the BT555.

Btw: At least for me H3 and the like feel better on pure wood blades that use spruce as a second ply like the OC and all other blades mentioned except the Korbel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have been using the Stiga Offensive Classic since I started a year ago and these are the blades that I have been looking at for when its time for an upgrade:

* Avalox P500 (or the Nittaku version)
* DHS Power-G PG5
* Stiga Infinity VPS V
* Stiga Offensive Classic WRB

I ended up ordering an Avalox P500 simply because it is very similar to the Stiga Offensive Classic (thin and flexible with spruce second layer). I think this blade is the original type that Stiga Offensive Classic is based on. It is also made in the factory that the original Stiga blades were made in. It has koto outer layer that Stiga Offensive Classic used to have before. It is very slighly stiffer and faster; not like the Infinity VPS V or the Rosewood NCT V, which are both quite a bit faster than the Stiga OC.