Skyline, TG series and TG neo series, what's up with all this???

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello,

I'm sorry for making so many posts, but I'm sure more have this question.

I've seen that there are a few different versions of the DHS Skyline rubbers, I'll use the Skyline 2 for refference.

What are their differences, are they the same rubber with each iteration having a more advanced sponge?

DHS Skyline 2
dhs-skyline-2.png

DHS Skyline TG2
645_646.jpg

DHS Skyline TG2 NEO
dhs_skyline_2_neo_8034.jpg

DHS Skyline 2 provincial blue sponge
dhs-skyline-2-provincial-blue-sponge.jpg

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
You can read this review:

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
not sure about the red skyline though, there's also this weird skyline that i cant identify
DHS Skyline 3 Table Tennis Rubber
I know the difference between the 2 and the 3.
What I don't know, is the difference between the classic version, tg version, and tg neo version.

Both skyline 2 and 3 have these different versions. I'm just confused as all hell, if the tg are better than the classic, why do they keep making them? And I get it with the neo, new sponge or tuned, wtvr. But what's up with the normal and tg?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What I don't know, is the difference between the classic version, tg version, and tg neo version.

Both skyline 2 and 3 have these different versions. I'm just confused as all hell, if the tg are better than the classic, why do they keep making them? And I get it with the neo, new sponge or tuned, wtvr. But what's up with the normal and tg?

My memory is TG = Skyline. So you could say Skyline II or TG II and it would mean the same thing. Not sure how TG = Skyline. But that has been how they abbreviated it for as long as I can remember.

Where did you get the image for the Skyline version that does not say TG? It is possible that it is just different packaging for the same rubber. It is also possible that it is counterfeit. H3 and TG3 are some of the most counterfeited rubbers on the market. But you also can see tons of different packaging for any number of DHS rubbers that are basically equivalent.

The last time I bought DHS rubbers was over a decade ago. But back then, no matter what you did, every time you got a new DHS rubber, it was different from the previous one you got even if it was the same packaging and it looked like there should be no difference: so, quality control issues.

But, I don't know if this is the case these days. It shouldn't be. But......

Reactions: vivalavida320315
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
All Skylines have the name TG, it just stands for Technology Generation as the Skylines were developed after Hurricanes for more specialized usage.

First (blue pack) is regular TG2 but new package design

Second (red) is regular TG2 old package design

Third (orange/yellow) is just Neo TG2, whatever DHS does with the Neo line of rubbers just makes them a bit more elastic and reactive out of the pack than the regular versions.

Fourth is provincial grade (higher quality and better qc) with #22 sponge. I feel like #20 is crisper and bouncier, more forgiving than #22, a bit less reward in the topend, whereas #22 felt harder to "hit through" but has longer dwell and a lower more threatening arc.

yeah, cant help you with that, sorry

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello,

I'm sorry for making so many posts, but I'm sure more have this question.

I've seen that there are a few different versions of the DHS Skyline rubbers, I'll use the Skyline 2 for refference.

What are their differences, are they the same rubber with each iteration having a more advanced sponge?

DHS Skyline 2
View attachment 27616

DHS Skyline TG2
View attachment 27617

DHS Skyline TG2 NEO
View attachment 27619

DHS Skyline 2 provincial blue sponge
View attachment 27620

The top one is new, have never played.
I have played the rest of them.

Second and third ones are the same except you need to boost the second one.

The last one has blue sponge, you also need to boost it.

Same as for Hurricane, at the same hardness, blue sponge has the highest max power. But orange sponge gives you better clarity and is easier to release power.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
My memory is TG = Skyline. So you could say Skyline II or TG II and it would mean the same thing. Not sure how TG = Skyline. But that has been how they abbreviated it for as long as I can remember.

Where did you get the image for the Skyline version that does not say TG? It is possible that it is just different packaging for the same rubber. It is also possible that it is counterfeit. H3 and TG3 are some of the most counterfeited rubbers on the market. But you also can see tons of different packaging for any number of DHS rubbers that are basically equivalent.

The last time I bought DHS rubbers was over a decade ago. But back then, no matter what you did, every time you got a new DHS rubber, it was different from the previous one you got even if it was the same packaging and it looked like there should be no difference: so, quality control issues.

But, I don't know if this is the case these days. It shouldn't be. But......
It's on tt11, they have the normal skyline and the tg neo. I read a few forums before the neo came out and the skyline and skyline tg were different, but they didn't say how. Something about the old skyline 2 being less tacky and more tensor like than the tg2, and the tg2 neo having a new sponge, or boosted, idk...

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
The top one is new, have never played.
I have played the rest of them.

Second and third ones are the same except you need to boost the second one.

The last one has blue sponge, you also need to boost it.

Same as for Hurricane, at the same hardness, blue sponge has the highest max power. But orange sponge gives you better clarity and is easier to release power.
The top is the oldest one and the blue sponge is based on it, the tg2 neo is based on the tg2, but I don't know how these two types are different...

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
All Skylines have the name TG, it just stands for Technology Generation as the Skylines were developed after Hurricanes for more specialized usage.

First (blue pack) is regular TG2 but new package design

Second (red) is regular TG2 old package design

Third (orange/yellow) is just Neo TG2, whatever DHS does with the Neo line of rubbers just makes them a bit more elastic and reactive out of the pack than the regular versions.

Fourth is provincial grade (higher quality and better qc) with #22 sponge. I feel like #20 is crisper and bouncier, more forgiving than #22, a bit less reward in the topend, whereas #22 felt harder to "hit through" but has longer dwell and a lower more threatening arc.
So they updated the package of the non neos and they are just the same? So it's only 3 different versions, the tg2, tg2 neo, and tg2 pro blue?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
There is more to it just like for H3.

The red one is the original with a different line art and without the ITTF number (referred to as 大字天极/Big Character Skyline or 有机/VOC). The orange one is the Neo (referred to as 无机/non-VOC), which has different topsheet and sponge. The blue ones are the new packaging (有机/VOC but with the topsheet and sponge of Neo, but without the sponge primer), with the one with the number 2 or 3 for commercial version, and the one without number (used for both TG2 or TG3) for provincial version. The difference between TG2 and TG3 is greater for the original.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowday20298