Sneak peak at Taiwan's top table tennis school

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
winS ? over Dima ? the only one "junior" athlete from taiwan that has winS (5) over Dima is Lin-Yun-Ju AFAIK, and the last one was in 2021.

Fake news, again...
haha

try search harder on your french search engine
because you can't find it, does not equals it is fake news. The world does not revolve around you or french search engines

let me make it easier, Dima was world rank number 1 then (if my memory is correct).
now, go search and quit stalking me until you have facts

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Ok, put your source then, if you think that one I've posted isn't accurate....

You're only showing a bad behavior here, as always: putting fake news to push your agenda.

Is that guy CCA ?
CCY ?

And the only time Dima has been world number 1 was in January + February 2018

(and sorry for ya it's NOT a french website https://tabletennis.guide/alldata.php?name=dimitrij-ovtcharov-107028)

Ok so back in 2018... ha problem Tony's Table Penis, Dima was playing the Euro Top 16 at that time

Don't play that game with me, again show your source moron...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Let me continue to add some insiders knowledge.

Player in the middle table - yellow shirt and his brother (who also went through this school's TT structure, which is Grade 7 ~ Grade 12, and including many players that continue training in this school, as its structure is higher than university teams) was both Lin Yun-Ju's practice partners this time last year.

His brother is a right handed person, but the mother (parents both are coaches) got the younger brother to play left hand. The lefty was Lin's touring practice partner for many months (in return, both sacrificed they chance to train and become better or go pro on international circuit).

Lin's many wins against Chinese left handed players (you guys can check results in 2022) was partially attributed to Lin's lefty practice partner. The younger brother also uses a gift from Lin, a special personalized Lin's edition of Lin's signature blade.
I actually told the brother, why is he using it? He should of framed it. He said, he can always get another one to frame.
The older (one in my video) preferred ALC and used Butterfly rubbers on both sides (I can't remember which now), the youngest brother used H3 + T05 Hard if i'm correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Here is Li beating Dima, while Dima was in his pinnacle (worldrank number 1) during the Hainan Challenge in Jan 2018.

Some times, it does help when you know the players and the players parent in person and do know a few "insiders" knowledge.

To the foul mouthed man, this may be an some agenda to you (where ever that you think my agenda could be, but it sure pinch some nerves in you). You don't like it, don't look in my threads, I don't care if 1 foul mouth man doesn't like it, I do care to keep this thread free from abusive and/or foul languages.

No idea how mods stand up with your low class vocabulary for so long (I encourage everyone not agreeing with foul languages to report his post, and maybe mods will act faster)

For the others, you are welcome to have a sneak peak in what I see in my side of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Old User calls someone directly a moron.
Tony'sTableTennis attacks every veteran player calling them oldMan this or oldman that

Both players deserve at least a 6 months suspension based on other ongoing misconduct.

No, actually its only him and you.
because both of you two are special

Olduser swears way too much for any civilized society, and I just learnt he is a referee (by his own post, where then he used foul languages and threaten users). No idea how he can live and be accepted in first world societies.

And you, you just a different breed alltogether.
Speaking about you. I'm going to start a thread just for you and your favorite family of rubbers!

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Tony's Table Penis....

moron...

You have been slipping more of these kind of things into your posts than anyone on the forum and you have had more reports against your post than anyone on the forum.

I am going to ask you to clean this up and stop doing this or find a different forum.

• Haha
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You have been slipping more of these kind of things into your posts than anyone on the forum and you have had more reports against your post than anyone on the forum.

I am going to ask you to clean this up and stop doing this or find a different forum.

Carl, I know you the last mod left and the mod work ain't fun.
but if you think that is bad? Check this out:
Seriously go f.ck yourself,
Seriously don't show your face in Paris Expo hall 4 next year dude...

To me other than foul language, there is a direct threat there, presumably physical assault threat.

You given him a lot of warnings, maybe its time to clean the rot of this forum and move on. Please also feel free to remove this post, as I am wishing for my thread to be clean and civilized for the sake of @Dan and @TableTennisDaily

Here is the link for your action: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/screaming-during-play-illegal.31323/post-411131

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

You never do anything to keep this forum safe from fake news, guess it's your american way of life prone to think ANY opinion equals a verified fact. Please, don't play that game with me you too.

Now, this ... unofficial exhibition tournament, a cross amateur-pro event, had no value for ITTF.

And it's not Haiban Challenge but Hainan grandmaster grand prix, not an ITTF Challenge series you try to make us believe you dishonest person (am I being enough respectfull Carl ?), Ovtcharov was noodling even vs Chen Weixing, if you think that kind of playing is enough serious... I mean it's nothing less than the Lille Open: you don't play for your life here. No ITTF ranking point, no will to really fight. Even Dima laughs at some point vs Chen Weixing, they're both having fun, and yes... Dima loses sometimes for fun. The European pro team lost by 1-4 against the amateurs like Chen Weixing (amateur ? really ?), Zhu Yi, or ... Xy Li, to name a few, who's not taiwanese but a PR China athlete for instance. It's like Adam Bobrow having fun at the US Open, they know those kind of tournaments were only exhibitions, so no big deal...

The Lille Open

Exactly the same will to entertain people, not to fight for a ranking.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Now for your information Tony and Carl: I've been working in both those daily newspapers, no press card, but was under direct supervision of journalists and chief editors. I had to source informations, write articles and shoot photos.

Ethics matters in french journalism, more than in chinese journalism (wait.. it's like talking about India's journalism or russia's journalism hahaha), and debunking fake news was my everyday brain gymnastics

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
You never do anything to keep this forum safe from fake news, guess it's your american way of life prone to think ANY opinion equals a verified fact. Please, don't play that game with me you too.

Now, this ... unofficial exhibition tournament, a cross amateur-pro event, had no value for ITTF.

And it's not Haiban Challenge but Hainan grandmaster grand prix, not an ITTF Challenge series you try to make us believe you dishonest person (am I being enough respectfull Carl ?), Ovtcharov was noodling even vs Chen Weixing, if you think that kind of playing is enough serious... I mean it's nothing less than the Lille Open: you don't play for your life here. No ITTF ranking point, no will to really fight. Even Dima laughs at some point vs Chen Weixing, they're both having fun, and yes... Dima loses sometimes for fun. The European pro team lost by 1-4 against the amateurs like Chen Weixing (amateur ? really ?), Zhu Yi, or ... Xy Li, to name a few, who's not taiwanese but a PR China athlete for instance. It's like Adam Bobrow having fun at the US Open, they know those kind of tournaments were only exhibitions, so no big deal...

The Lille Open

Exactly the same will to entertain people, not to fight for a ranking.
You're moving the goal posts. A win over a person is a win regardless of whether it has value over ITTF or not, or what the stakes were.

Someone makes a claim. The claim is winning a game of table tennis. You for some reason call that person a liar and insult them. They post evidence via video (absolute proof of their claim). Instead of apologizing and being contrite, you go and use an obvious argumentitive fallacy that anyone with any education can identify. Then you go on to talk about high ethical standards that you believe you adhere to.

This is amazing behavior, and none of it is good.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I am not playing games with you. If you use words like Penis or Moron when referring to a member of this forum again, you will be banned.

You are rude over and over to many people on the forum. If you are here to act like that, I suggest you find a different forum.

People posting information that is false is an issue but I don’t really have time to research what is true and what is not. But you making personal attacks and using foul language, that is just uncalled for. And you have done it so much already with me just leaving you alone and hoping you will start acting more like an adult and less like angry and vindictive person out for revenge.

But, you have shown me that likely won’t happen. So, I suggest you find a new forum. Because the next time I see insults and personal attacks, I will simply ban you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So back to some serious table tennis business and giving credit to the top boys table tennis school in Taiwan, and one of the top in the world.

I talked about the guy in the center - Li that has is Lin Yunju's practice partner for a year (last year) and has wins against Dima when Dima was at his best form (world number 1).

On the left, is Tai Ming-wei, he beaten Lin Yunju before. Which he is proud to use that for the rest of his career.
On the right is 19 year old Lin Yen-chun, who just lost to WR65 Zhao Zihao earlier today.

1687869337945.png

On the far right, which I didn't really get timing right to record the multiball of 17 year old, Chang Yu-An, U19 world rank no 7 today.
During the filming of this video, he was only 14 years old and training with the U18 team (nationally ranked no 6 in U18 in Taiwan at 14 years old)

Here is another video:

Li and Lin playing on the 2nd table on the left,
Chang is on the right table wearing black.

On the left table (singles player) is Wang Chen-You, 18 years old today and also made senior national team for Taiwan this year.
He was 2nd place U19 this year, and 1st in 2022. Swapping places with U19 WR no2 Kao Cheng-Jui (seniors WR67), who has 1st in U19 in 2023 and 2nd in U19 in 2022.

Basically, Taiwan has lots of top juniors, but they have a big problem.
They can only "enter" the limit as per what WTT rules allows.
Mean while, there is a country that has a red flag, that always enter way more players than the rules allowed.
So, while Taiwan is following the rules, there are many good players that won't/can't have opportunity to play internationals.

Kao for example is on the list to play, as he finished no 3 seniors in Taiwan this year.
But as 2nd place U19 Wang, is at 11 in seniors, and Chang, 7th place senior, are all outside the "6 spot" per country allowed to enter internationally. Taiwan has 2 spots reserved for Asian championship players, so even if Lin or Chuan don't play, these 2 spots come in before Wang and Chang. So they need to finish top 6 in seniors to be able to be "guaranteed" senior international play time.

Just to compare, some senior WTT events, one country enters 10 to 15 players per gender.....

Hence both Wang and Chang does not play seniors and only play juniors at the moment.
If these players, had the same fairness as some that has VIP treatment, then they would have been able to play 5 to 10 seniors event already and i'm sure both would break into the world top 100 with ease.

There is a lot of depth in Taiwan, and I have told those coaches, I will do my best to make them well known and I do have they blessings.
If only I had more time, I could really just go in and record long training per player and make proper videos per player. But I am no video editing expert, and I don't really have that much spare time. So please just bear with the text intro so long.

It is also due to limitation of opportunities with "6" entries per country, that Tai and Li aren't in the mix today.
Li finish university last year, and Tai is finishing this year. Both Li brothers played 2023 Chinese Jia A league (happening right now).

I chatted with Tai earlier this month and just maybe, he might want to explore the world a bit and I will do everything I can, to help him. He is a very good player with wins against Lin in youth level, but not much opportunities as Asia is gridlocked and Taiwan doesn't have much foreign affairs negotiations rights, and will always be treated as such, despite being a table tennis power house (with its depth unknown to the world).

One of my friends and a former European national/international coach and holds a high management position in a world class TT brand said to me, Taiwan has the top elementary school TT system in the world (he has been to every top country)

Lin Yunju while still in elementary school, trained with the school mentioned in this thread.

Last edited: