Some blade reviews

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hello, i have quite a lot of blades and i thought i'd let everyone know my opinion on them. If you have questions ask away! I'll go more in depth if anyone wants.

Sanwei 75 pbo
This uses a carbon fiber that is a lot like SuperZlc, it isn't stiff or hard to openup. It is like Fzd szlc but with a softer touch. Overall the feeling is very pleasant to play with and is very quick.
Sanwei Fextra 7
a very basic 7 ply wood blade that has viscaria handle. When you hurricane 3 neo you need to get 40+ degree with booster. 39 is too soft because of 2 limba layers.
Donic Epox power all around
a very good 5 ply blade that lasts a very long time, It is a blade that has a lot of dwell and grip. I recommend using Rakza series on this blade.
Donic Persson powerplay
I used this for Cpen so my review of this isnt accurate. But it feels very solid this blade. It has enough speed for a Off blade, While remaining spin and control.
Yinhe v14 pro
a lot stiffer then Viscaria, Hurricane 3 is very good on this. Plenty of control on looping and serve/receive game.
Stiga Infinity vps
Needs to be sealed or else splinters will come, it has a wider playing service and feels slightly head heavy. It is good with g-1 or H3n
Stiga Inspira
Great on forehand attack but lacks in backhand, Very good blade if u have chinese style of tabletennis.
Stiga nostalgic offensive
a lot quicker then Infinity vps, it is super controlled. i recommend using Dna series because of the extra control you are getting.
Adidas Challenge light
Great for defending players with anti-spin. Anything goes with this blade, just don't get heavy rubbers :)
Joola eagle carbon
Butterfly Viscaria
a classic blade, i feel like for the price you are getting what you want. It has the "viscaria" feeling that everyone feels to like, a handle that a lot of people like or dislike.
Dhs hurricane long 5
If you are Ma long this works, It really is like "the better you are the better this works" It is head heavy and has a slim handle. Overall it has okay power. You get what you put in :)
Sword Diamond fire red
This a Hurricane Long 5 but has a better backhand, It is easier to play and has a amazing feeling. Slightly hollow on forehand. The power on high power shots is worse.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Sanwei pbo sounds interesting.

Have you tried some sanwei inner blades?
I don't own one, a friend of mine did try 75 inner but thought it was very odd. Something about the feeling of bounce. I tried it for a few minutes and thought it was alright, nothing special i.m.o.
i might buy Sword red diamond aka 潮流-星钻·风.
I doubt it will become a main setup because i really like 75 pbo :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hello, i have quite a lot of blades and i thought i'd let everyone know my opinion on them. If you have questions ask away! I'll go more in depth if anyone wants.

Sanwei 75 pbo
This uses a carbon fiber that is a lot like SuperZlc, it isn't stiff or hard to openup. It is like Fzd szlc but with a softer touch. Overall the feeling is very pleasant to play with and is very quick.
Sanwei Fextra 7
a very basic 7 ply wood blade that has viscaria handle. When you hurricane 3 neo you need to get 40+ degree with booster. 39 is too soft because of 2 limba layers.
a very good 5 ply blade that lasts a very long time, It is a blade that has a lot of dwell and grip. I recommend using Rakza series on this blade.
Donic Persson powerplay
I used this for Cpen so my review of this isnt accurate. But it feels very solid this blade. It has enough speed for a Off blade, While remaining spin and control.
Yinhe v14 pro
a lot stiffer then Viscaria, Hurricane 3 is very good on this. Plenty of control on looping and serve/receive game.
Stiga Infinity vps
Needs to be sealed or else splinters will come, it has a wider playing service and feels slightly head heavy. It is good with g-1 or H3n
Stiga Inspira
Great on forehand attack but lacks in backhand, Very good blade if u have chinese style of tabletennis.
a lot quicker then Infinity vps, it is super controlled. i recommend using Dna series because of the extra control you are getting.
Adidas Challenge light
Great for defending players with anti-spin. Anything goes with this blade, just don't get heavy rubbers :)
Joola eagle carbon
Butterfly Viscaria
a classic blade, i feel like for the price you are getting what you want. It has the "viscaria" feeling that everyone feels to like, a handle that a lot of people like or dislike.
Dhs hurricane long 5
If you are Ma long this works, It really is like "the better you are the better this works" It is head heavy and has a slim handle. Overall it has okay power. You get what you put in :)
How would you compare Sanwei 75 pbo with Vis?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
How would you compare Sanwei 75 pbo with Vis?
75 pbo is Szlc, totally diffirent from ALC. It has same soft feeling but is faster because of carbon. The core is kiri on 75 pbo and gives better support on shots. Also better for fast counters. Is worse on openups because is faster but once you get used to it, is still easier then Fzd szlc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I play with a Fextra and am trying to understand your reasoning of getting 40d instead of 39d for it. What are the drawbacks of a softer H3 (39d should be around 51d ESN) with the softer outer layers of the Fextra? Would it be too bouncy or have too little bite for a FH shot?
Fextra feels bouncy, i don't expect any crisp feeling with 2 limba wood layer. It isn't crisp at all which is normal. With 39d you open up easy but is easy for opponent to counter. I have to mention this combo gave the most kick effect i ever played with with counter far away. Ball comes slow and flies fast after bounce. 40d makes mid range easier and close range dangerous. First ball attack needs more attention but is still nice :)

Reactions: turbozed

Sanwei 75 pbo
Sanwei Fextra 7
Donic Persson powerplay
Yinhe v14 pro
Stiga Infinity vps
Stiga Inspira
Adidas Challenge light
Joola eagle carbon
Butterfly Viscaria
Dhs hurricane long 5
@Topspinslinger - Great idea for the post (y). Do you (or anyone you know) have any idea about the Donic Xtreme blade? I am very curious about it and created a post for it here. Any information about the blade will be much appreciated.
Thanks

This user has no status.
It is discontinued item, There are like 1000 made back in the day. This was Sanwei first premium blade
Never have seen it before until maybe last year, I don't understand how that could be discontinued. Elements of 75 Inner's design are very similar to Fextra One, so this must be very new. The only thing is that could have been meant for their domestic market - but as it can be purchased from AliExpress, I didn't see a reason to why anyone should pretend, that it is not a Sanwei product.