Spare Bat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Sorry for stating the obvious, but there should be two types of players who carry 2 bats: either they carry their old bat together with their new one which they bought because they wanted to try smth new and in that case, the bats differ or they buy two identical bats because they like to be prepared for unexpected or they like their set up too much and in the case the manufacturer stopped the production they had a replacement.

The question should be how many players/what is the ratio between these two categories?

I’m in both categories actually. I have two identical setups because Adidas doesn’t produce Hypertouch anymore, and I also have my Stratus PW with me in case somebody in the team forgot to bring their bat (happens more than you expect). My bag is quite large and its weight helps warming up the muscles so I don’t see why I shouldn’t bring 3 bats. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I have also seen a few players use a different type of bat if they are only playing doubles matches on the night, rather than singles, because it's a different type of game.

Can't say I would want to do that either, but each to their own, I guess.