Specifically, who is Andro C48 meant for?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I am curious about who specifically the Andro C48 is meant for? I may be wrong but it seems that the rubber has only 1 gear.
Please enlighten me. :)
I want to like the rubber.
Maybe people who like Donic Bluegrip S1 but don't like the Donic brand.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Maybe people who like Donic Bluegrip S1 but don't like the Donic brand.
Bluegrip S1 puts a sticky topsheet on top on an old sponge (Acuda S1).
C48 has a newly developed topsheet on a still relatively new sponge (Energy Cell).

Of course both are of the "Hybrid" type hat has been trending for a while now, really taking flight from d09c onwards.

But to me the S1 and S2 are attempts to bring C1 and C2 to the people who don´t like the hard sponges, whereas the C-Rasanter are less sticky and therefore a different "Hybrid" concept.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I could easily switch from the G-1 to the C48 without change of technique really.
That is probably one of the great advantages of C-Rasanter over ANY other Hybrid rubber I know.
Everything that came before felt still typically "Chinese" to me, despite the Tensor sponges underneath. You would have to adjust in order to have the advantages, with all the disadvantages too.
Heretically, I think lower league players are almost equally served with a 8 Euro Friendship or an 80 Euro dignics09c...

But where all the other Hybrids play like "Chinese with a little more punch/catapult", for me the C-Rasanter play like "Tensor with a lot more grip".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
C48 has a newly developed topsheet on a still relatively new sponge (Energy Cell).

Of course both are of the "Hybrid" type hat has been trending for a while now, really taking flight from d09c onwards.

But to me the S1 and S2 are attempts to bring C1 and C2 to the people who don´t like the hard sponges, whereas the C-Rasanter are less sticky and therefore a different "Hybrid" concept.
How about the new Tinhar hybrid MK. It has 48 sponge

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
I heard so many people talking about „what is a Hybrid rubber?“. A lot of those people saying, that a hybrid rubber needs to be sticky and therefore, neither c48 nor Hybrid mk would be a hybrid rubber.
From my point of view, if you’re asking yourself: what is a hybrid rubber?, you first need to understand, what a classic euro/Japan rubber does and what a typical Chinese rubber does.
If you’re thinking about typical Chinese rubbers, the first thing that comes to mind is „stickiness“. But, when playing, stickiness is not something you recognize or that does determine the feeling. What really characterizes Chinese rubbers is the fact, that they are very linear, very spinny and that they are kind of dead in slow play (good for short game) and have (boostered) potential in quick game. In addition to that they are very direct due to the hardness.
Euro/ Japanese rubbers on the other hand are catapulty, easier to access, more indirect, better for playing behind the table.
Considering all this, what would a hybrid rubber characterize? It should be more linear, more direct, less „spongy“ than tYpical Euro rubbers, more catapulty and easier to access than Chinese rubbers.

From my point of view the c48 is one of the most fulfilling rubbers in these terms. It is slightly sticky, very linear, easy to spin and good for counterspins at the table. Most harder hybrids are not well usable for most amateur players as they are too hard (as well as all those Chinese rubbers).
By the way: those who compare normal rubbers like Tenergy or g1 with hybrid or Chinese rubbers, so not understand the point in them. It’s a totally different kind of playing style. Hybrid/Chinese = close to the table and very demanding, euro/jap = behind the table looping. Please do not compare them.

Reactions: Airoc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
with the C48 and Hybrid MK probably as well having a 47.5° sponge it is already lacking one part of your hybrid definition which is required and that is the very good short game due to next to now catapult over the table. C48 might have slightly less catapult than G-1 but only ever so slightly. It is a totally different ball game if you compare it to real hybrids like Golden Tango PS or Rakza Z which really are awesome for the short game.

I will borrow this list here with a compilation of rubber test data taken from a japanese site

It shows these figures

Joola Golden Tango PS in 2.0mm has a catapult of 19.0cm while having a grippiness of 1.86 (kg)
andro Rasanter C48 in 2.0mm has a catapult of 25.0cm while having a grippiness of 1.77kg
Bty Dignics 09c in 1.9mm has a catapult of 22.0cm and a grippiness of 1.92kg.
DHS Hurricane Neo 3 in 2.1mm has a catapult of 15.5cm and a grippiness 2.18kg.
DHS Neo Skyline 3 in 2.1 has a catapult of 9.0cm with a grippiness of 1.98kg
Nittaku PK50 in 1.8mm has a catapult of 17.0cm with a grippiness of 1.91kg
Nittaku G-1 in 1.8mm has a catapult of 22.0cm with a grippiness of 1.80kg
Yasaka Rakza Z in 2.0 has a catapult of 21.0cm and a grippiness of 1.78kg

While these values might be just a rough estimate of the performance of the rubbers i can attest that they seem to replicate the real world. I tested all of these rubbers bar the Neo Skyline.

In the end chinese, hybrid and regular tensor rubbers show very different catapult in the short game.

Note that i will not respond to brokenballs b*llsh*tting about terms like throw, grippiness or the like. I'd rather leave his issues to himself and his psychiatrist.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

What was the reason of using the older Acuda sponge?

Why didn't they use the newer Bluefire sponge?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
with the C48 and Hybrid MK probably as well having a 47.5° sponge it is already lacking one part of your hybrid definition which is required and that is the very good short game due to next to now catapult over the table. C48 might have slightly less catapult than G-1 but only ever so slightly. It is a totally different ball game if you compare it to real hybrids like Golden Tango PS or Rakza Z which really are awesome for the short game.

I will borrow this list here with a compilation of rubber test data taken from a japanese site

It shows these figures

Joola Golden Tango PS in 2.0mm has a catapult of 19.0cm while having a grippiness of 1.86 (kg)
andro Rasanter C48 in 2.0mm has a catapult of 25.0cm while having a grippiness of 1.77kg
Bty Dignics 09c in 1.9mm has a catapult of 22.0cm and a grippiness of 1.92kg.
DHS Hurricane Neo 3 in 2.1mm has a catapult of 15.5cm and a grippiness 2.18kg.
DHS Neo Skyline 3 in 2.1 has a catapult of 9.0cm with a grippiness of 1.98kg
Nittaku PK50 in 1.8mm has a catapult of 17.0cm with a grippiness of 1.91kg
Nittaku G-1 in 1.8mm has a catapult of 22.0cm with a grippiness of 1.80kg
Yasaka Rakza Z in 2.0 has a catapult of 21.0cm and a grippiness of 1.78kg

While these values might be just a rough estimate of the performance of the rubbers i can attest that they seem to replicate the real world. I tested all of these rubbers bar the Neo Skyline.

In the end chinese, hybrid and regular tensor rubbers show very different catapult in the short game.

Note that i will not respond to brokenballs b*llsh*tting about terms like throw, grippiness or the like. I'd rather leave his issues to himself and his psychiatrist.
Hi,

do you know if the shore A & O hardness readings are for the sponge only or both sponge and top sheet combined?
Mark V has one of the most grippy top sheets???
T05 has one of the least grippy top sheets???

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I am not stating that I believe any and every attribute of that table and I do believe that there are translation errors concerning hardness, but the catapult value does align with what I have witnessed personally.

I do believe that the hardness in the last column is just calculated from the former value. Iirc the hardness was overall and not only sponge.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I would estimate that it is the pimple structure that makes rubber better for flat or brush hits.

I would assume that shorter stiffer (wider) pimples that don't bend sideways would be better for flat hits, while flexible thinner sideways "moving" longer pimples would allow more sinking in of the ball and generating a higher throw