Stiga Platinum vs Andro Rasanter?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Both are fast. From way too fast to extremely way too fast for mortals. Both have immense spin generation capabilities, with both requiring outstanding tecnique (involving deep contact) to leverage them. Control: see speed, take the converse. I don't know about the durability of Platinum, wasn't to impressed with the Rasanters' – though they bore themselves better than the Rasants I've played.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I haven't used any of the DNA Platinum rubbers, but I have used some of the DNA Pro series as well as some of the Rasanters, so I can compare those.

I would say that the comparison between Rasanter R53 and DNA Pro H, is the same as between the Rasanter R48 vs DNA Pro M. Very simply, in both cases the Rasanters have a higher upper-limit of performance, and the DNA Pros are easier to play and control.

You can generate more spin and speed on high-impact shots with the Rasanters but, unless you're pretty good, you'll probably get more shots on the table with the DNA Pros (and still with more than respectable spin and speed).

And by "pretty good", I mean pretty good in competitive game play, not in training drills!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
The Rasanter R53 that I had is super factory boosted. It shrinks like there is no tomorrow and after 2 months it feels bad.
The DNA Pro I tried was pretty meh, maybe the factory booster already evaporated by the time I tried it on another player's racket.

I think neither of them are worth the price they are asking for them. Not even half of it...

Fastarc G-1 will offer you more spin, control and will last much longer and is cheaper. I would wager G-1 is faster after the 2 months period of factory booster evaporation...
You might be better off waiting for the Glayzer rubbers from Butterfly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Ive used DNA pro M before and R45 and C48 at the minute. I don't think there is a massive difference in weight. The C versions do seem slightly heavier though. The R45 I really like its great spin but not to quick so you can control it - but has great potential too.
Haven't tried Platinum - but TTD Tom is using Pro rather than platinum as the Cybershape is faster than his previous blade and he didn't need quicker rubbers also.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023