Suggestion for slight BH rubber upgrade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I've really enjoyed playing the Nittaku Factive on the backhand in 1.8 so far this year.
The overall properties have always impressed me. Fairly moderate basic speed, little catapult, not really spin sensitive.
Great at blocking, both active and passive, but opening bh Topspin on backspin also possible, but it's not the absolute strength.

Since my level has increased a little through a lot of training and I now play/want to play more actively on the bh, I'm looking for a small upgrade.

I would prefer to keep the basic characteristics of the Factive: moderate speed, safe in passive play, moderate sensivity to spin and a compact feel when actively playing /pressing /countering.
What I would like, however, would be a little more quality in the opening on backspin shot.

Would it perhaps be the best way to simply test the Factive in 2.0?
Or would there be a clever alternative / another runner that would fit these wishes?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I guess G-1 in 2.0mm would be a logical choice.
But there's also Rhyzen CMD, Vega Europe, or for even more advanced Victas V>11 extra, maybe even Vega Pro or X.

If you use one rubber for more than 2 months maybe skip the German made ones since they change properties quite a bit after a month or two. (except for the G-1, that one is durable)

I would probably recommend you the new Stiga Mantra Control after the Factive. Japanese made rubbers last longer and they perform the same way during their lifetime. I really am pleased with Stiga Mantra Pro M, so if the control is anything like it with less bounce and even less sensitivity it would be a great option.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi everybody,
thanks a lot for your suggestions and advices.
I guess then I'll start with increasing the thickness of the Nittaku Factive from 1.8 to 2.0.
If this won't bring the wished improvements I´ll go for another rubber.

Has anybody here played the Factive in 2.0?
Hope the fantastic characteristics (blocking, insensitiveness to spin) will be also there in 2.0.

Have a nice day all together.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hi everybody,
thanks a lot for your suggestions and advices.
I guess then I'll start with increasing the thickness of the Nittaku Factive from 1.8 to 2.0.
If this won't bring the wished improvements I´ll go for another rubber.

Has anybody here played the Factive in 2.0?
Hope the fantastic characteristics (blocking, insensitiveness to spin) will be also there in 2.0.

Have a nice day all together.

Here's a review of someone using the 2.0

Reactions: PakDa1988