Suggestions for rubbers lighter than Yasaka Razka X and Yasaka Razka 7 for OSP Virtuoso AC blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi Guys,

I have been using the OSP Virtuoso blade for about 9 years. I really like it but I got the itch to try and move up in speed slightly, haven't completed my journey, and could do with some of your expert views on it.

On the virtuoso, I went from using Tenergy rubbers (amazing spin but found the 05 difficult to control, probably due to my poor technique at the time) to DHS H3N (amazing spin and control but a bit slow if like me, you find boosting a hassle) to the Yasaka rubbers which seem to work for me. I tried a Hugo Calerano SAL blade with Andro Rasanter rubbers and loved how crisp and precise it felt for topspin to topspin rallies, but still find it a bit fast for me to control and I send too many balls off the end of the table. I also tried it with the above Yasaka rubbers but I still haven't found the right fit (I might 'graduate' back to this in the future if I continue to improve).

I happened to be looking at the OSP site and spotted the new Virtuoso AC blade and decided to try it. It feels lovely and it doesn't seem to be too fast for me (sigh of relief!) but unfortunately, the balance is a bit too head-heavy for my liking. I currently use max thickness rubbers and I know I could reduce the thickness and therefore the weight but was hoping to get some suggestions on other, lighter rubbers that might work for me. I'd rate myself as a (possibly lower) intermediate level player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Generally speaking, rubbers with softer sponges will be a bit lighter than rubbers with harder sponges. So you might think about one of the newest generation of medium rubbers.

For example, the Rasanter R45 probably isn't much different to the Rakzas in terms of spin and speed (unless you're playing at above, say, 75% effort) but should be a few grams lighter.

If you want to stick with rubbers that have sponges of similar hardness to your two Rakzas (i.e. 47.5 degrees), then some lighter rubbers that come to mind are Omega 7 Pro, Aurus Prime, and Tenergy 19. All quite fast though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Generally speaking, rubbers with softer sponges will be a bit lighter than rubbers with harder sponges. So you might think about one of the newest generation of medium rubbers.

For example, the Rasanter R45 probably isn't much different to the Rakzas in terms of spin and speed (unless you're playing at above, say, 75% effort) but should be a few grams lighter.

If you want to stick with rubbers that have sponges of similar hardness to your two Rakzas (i.e. 47.5 degrees), then some lighter rubbers that come to mind are Omega 7 Pro, Aurus Prime, and Tenergy 19. All quite fast though.
Thanks @Manto76, I do prefer firmer sponges but will take your suggestions on board and experiment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Don’t forget tenergy fx ! 05fx 2.1 is consistent enough and good grip. T25fx is consistent too and has got low throw angle that works well with Virtuoso AC.

Reactions: Schplonk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
+1 for Xiom Omega VII... it' s a bit ghter than other rubbers, in its category.

However, if you want a truly lightweight, but fast(ish) riubber, in the 45° - 47° sponge category, then I'd recommend the Palio AK-47 RED.

Reactions: Schplonk