T19 v T80fx v Glayzer on bh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi Guys,

very quick question a friend has asked me for advice on bh rubber. He currently uses Tenergy 19 both sides but wants to change his bh rubber to something softer and more controlled and slower he said. He did ask about andro R42/47 but I don’t know anything about andro. I have suggested either T80FX or normal Glayzer. I have sent him TTD review vids for both but could anyone kindly give me a comparison of Glayzer v T80fx which is more bh suited, speed, softness etc… I can then relay that and let him decide.

I have told him it’s about trial and error but I don’t think he likes spending too much money 😂😂😂

so if u could just kindly compare T80fx v Glayzer and how it would compare to what he’s already got T19 and also how the andro R42/47 would compare to them.

cheers in advance guys

Reactions: PakDa1988
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Some background: I previously used T19 on my backhand and have tried Glayzer. However, I have not used any of the FX rubbers of Tenergy at length.

My recommendation in this case would be to switch to Rozena from T19. Rozena is softer and the catapult much tamer compared to T19. I wouldn't recommend the Tenergry FX's as I felt that the short game with them can be erratic. Additionally, Rozena is much more affordable to try.

Glayzer is much harder feeling compared to T19, though it is slower. I actually prefer the Glayzer topsheet compared to Tenergy but felt that the sponge was a bit too slow for me.

Reactions: JJ Ng and PakDa1988
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I know you're asking about other rubbers, but I used tenergy 19 on my BH for 2 years. I just switched to dignics 09c and i really like it. a lot more control than the tenergy...also gives the feeling of the ball biting into the rubber instead of launching off like on the 19.

Now i get diginics are insanely priced...but i switched to a cheaper forehand rubber....(Tenergy 05 to now using DHS hurricaine 3 neo). overall, this setup is over $30 cheaper than using two tenergy rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I know you're asking about other rubbers, but I used tenergy 19 on my BH for 2 years. I just switched to dignics 09c and i really like it. a lot more control than the tenergy...also gives the feeling of the ball biting into the rubber instead of launching off like on the 19.

Now i get diginics are insanely priced...but i switched to a cheaper forehand rubber....(Tenergy 05 to now using DHS hurricaine 3 neo). overall, this setup is over $30 cheaper than using two tenergy rubbers.
Hey buddy thanks for ur reply but I’m trying g to find him something as he has stated to me which is softer and more controlled than T19. I personally use H3N prov BS and D05 and it’s been my set up for a while and I have played D09C myself as well and I know it’s not something he will like with the hard feel of Dignics so I’m trying to advise him on what he says he needs which is softer and slower and more controlled than T19. D09C ticks 2 boxes out of 3 in control and speed but not in terms of softer feeling so I can’t recommend him it I’m afraid.

Out of curiousity how are u finding D09C on bh? I was curious how it make play on bh compared to D05? I have used D09C on fh but not bh and I went from D09C on fh to H3N as it’s better in short and serve game and spin is extreme and when boosted actually feels softer than a unboosted D09C

Reactions: Jslick89
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey buddy thanks for ur reply but I’m trying g to find him something as he has stated to me which is softer and more controlled than T19. I personally use H3N prov BS and D05 and it’s been my set up for a while and I have played D09C myself as well and I know it’s not something he will like with the hard feel of Dignics so I’m trying to advise him on what he says he needs which is softer and slower and more controlled than T19. D09C ticks 2 boxes out of 3 in control and speed but not in terms of softer feeling so I can’t recommend him it I’m afraid.

Out of curiousity how are u finding D09C on bh? I was curious how it make play on bh compared to D05? I have used D09C on fh but not bh and I went from D09C on fh to H3N as it’s better in short and serve game and spin is extreme and when boosted actually feels softer than a unboosted D09C
Totally understood. I only commented since I had experience with tenergy 19, and i've enjoyed my transition to dignics09c on the backhand so far. Definitely a little adjustment coming from 19, but i feel a lot more confident in my shots. definitely have to swing with every shot though. No half punches coming across the table with decent quality like i had with the 19. Buts a good trade off for more spinny shots, and more control in the short game and serve return. I didn't know people boost D09c.....interesting lol.

I am actually boosting my dhs hurricaine neo3 right now. I played 2 weeks with it unboosted....now i'm trying with 3 layers. it's just the commerical os 39d 2.15. so i'm hoping 2 layers will be good. I am also really loving this rubber..more than the tenergy. my loops are spinnier, faster, and lower. deadly combo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Totally understood. I only commented since I had experience with tenergy 19, and i've enjoyed my transition to dignics09c on the backhand so far. Definitely a little adjustment coming from 19, but i feel a lot more confident in my shots. definitely have to swing with every shot though. No half punches coming across the table with decent quality like i had with the 19. Buts a good trade off for more spinny shots, and more control in the short game and serve return. I didn't know people boost D09c.....interesting lol.

I am actually boosting my dhs hurricaine neo3 right now. I played 2 weeks with it unboosted....now i'm trying with 3 layers. it's just the commerical os 39d 2.15. so i'm hoping 2 layers will be good. I am also really loving this rubber..more than the tenergy. my loops are spinnier, faster, and lower. deadly combo.
I never boosted D09C. I said H3N boosted is softer than a unboosted D09C but I never tried to boost D09C to see how softer it gets anyway.

Yes mate 2 layers 12-24 hours apart should be enough. The way I boost is one layer, wait 12-24 hours then second layer then it’s just a case of waiting for it to uncurl to a level glueing becomes easier which for me is 48 hours I find. So my overall boosting process from start to glueing is about 3 days. That’s a new rubber, when I reboost a used one I usually just use one layer but I may have to try 2 at some stage.

We have gone off topic very quickly here lol 😂

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I have used the Tenergy 19 for several months. I'm tempted to believe this one would have the most spin between these three. I think it has a good speed and spin with a relatively good amount of control. Definitely more control than Tenergy 05. Keep using the Tenergy 19, or if it feels too pricey, then Glayzer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I have used the Tenergy 19 for several months. I'm tempted to believe this one would have the most spin between these three. I think it has a good speed and spin with a relatively good amount of control. Definitely more control than Tenergy 05. Keep using the Tenergy 19, or if it feels too pricey, then Glayzer.
He went with T25fx on the recommendation by teessports so end of discussion now lol