Table tennis table noise pitch as a function of thickness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
I'm looking to buy a table tennis table. Because I live in an apartment (size is not a problem), I'm concerned by the high-pitched noise level created by the ball hitting the surface of the table. From what I know, high-pitched sound are more easily heard by neighbors. Now before selecting the table, I'm wondering if table tennis table surfaces with a thickness of 25 mm generate lower pitched sound than let's say 15 mm surfaces?

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
That is just nonsense high pitch sound is better isolated than lowpitch sounds.... I remember when my wife called me right after i did first test of subwoofer in my Cellar... But newer when i use my electric saw whitch is high pitch sound and loud

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
That is just nonsense high pitch sound is better isolated than lowpitch sounds.... I remember when my wife called me right after i did first test of subwoofer in my Cellar... But newer when i use my electric saw whitch is high pitch sound and loud
I understand what you mean, and we do hear vibrations caused by bass sound as well. In all cases, we do hear more easily neighbors with high pitched voice than low pitched voice. By applying that logic, I'm trying to determine which table surface will have the lowest pitched sound (although it will still be considered high pitched sound when compared to a subwoofer).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
but you use the human speech as Spectrum.we are biologically atoned to this spectrum.
therefore your brain automatically filters it as priority
Probably. But the question remains, does a table tennis ball hitting the surface make higher pitched sound on thicker table surface than on thinner table surface?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Probably. But the question remains, does a table tennis ball hitting the surface make higher pitched sound on thicker table surface than on thinner table surface?
You want to go for a table as thick as possible, 25mm is the way to go. Trust me, thin table are a nightmare to play on because of the weird bounce;
For the sound, you can buy some special foam to put on your wall to reduce the noises for you neighbor

Reactions: bh_faster_than_fh