Tenergy 19 vs Tenergy 80 - What's the difference?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I like both T80 and T19. They play differently. T80 is deadish on very passive shots (a very good property) and deadly when going active; a good short game, and very aggressive active blocks and counters. It also counterspins well, with a relatively flat curve, landing quality shots deep on the table. It's fun in direct play (counters, smashes).

T19 has a quite passable short game. It spins up backspin a bit easier and safer (for me), with easier net clearance and a more pronounced dip. I have a high sense of reliability with it, with less flash and bang than the other tenergies. Of the two, for me T19 is the more versatile one and I like it a lot.

But I like Fastarc-G1 even better.

Reactions: ericd937
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I would also attach my situation to this topic here.
At the moment, I am looking for a new backhand rubber, and I am interested to test T19 oder T80 on my backhand.

Playing style: offensive on both sides, but very FH orientated. FH I play T05 in 2.1, very satisfied.
Wood: BTY Korbel all-wood.
I play BH in a more controlled manner, also with a lot of pushing/drives/blocks, but I also like to play top spin openings on backspin, but much less often than with the FH.
My game is 90% close to the table and I try to make points quickly.

Where do you see the pros and cons of each and which do you all think should go best with the play style?

Reactions: ericd937
I like both T80 and T19. They play differently. T80 is deadish on very passive shots (a very good property) and deadly when going active; a good short game, and very aggressive active blocks and counters. It also counterspins well, with a relatively flat curve, landing quality shots deep on the table. It's fun in direct play (counters, smashes).

T19 has a quite passable short game. It spins up backspin a bit easier and safer (for me), with easier net clearance and a more pronounced dip. I have a high sense of reliability with it, with less flash and bang than the other tenergies. Of the two, for me T19 is the more versatile one and I like it a lot.

But I like Fastarc-G1 even better.
Thank you for your response. I think I will give the T19 a whirl. :)

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Tenergy 80 is the mix of Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64.

Tenergy 19 is literally another Tenergy 05 but has a higher sensation of control. The spin is slightly higher. The speed is slightly slower. It has the same spin sensitivity.

Tenergy 19 has more spin than Tenergy 80, but slower and has more control. Short and passive game is okay, but handling spin is not easy.

If I were to choose, I would go with T19. I was playing with that for months, but stopped because of its crazy price.

Reactions: H3R0

Tenergy 19 is literally another Tenergy 05 but has a higher sensation of control. The spin is slightly higher. The speed is slightly slower. It has the same spin sensitivity.

Tenergy 19 has more spin than Tenergy 80, but slower and has more control. Short and passive game is okay, but handling spin is not easy.

If I were to choose, I would go with T19. I was playing with that for months, but stopped because of its crazy price.
Accordig tp Butterfly's own diagram T19 is faster and less spinney than T05...

Cheers
L-zr

Attachments

• RubberSpecifications_glazer.pdf
    180.8 KB · Views: 185
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Accordig tp Butterfly's own diagram T19 is faster and less spinney than T05...

Cheers
L-zr
Exactly, according to that. But that is a piece of rubbish. Don't tell me that the T05H would be as spinny and faster as the D09C. Otherwise everyone would just be that and not the Dignics (lower price). Also, the Tackiness series not being capable of producing "Tenergy-like" spin when they are? It is not a precise chart.

Reactions: pilami
Exactly, according to that. But that is a piece of rubbish. Don't tell me that the T05H would be as spinny and faster as the D09C. Otherwise everyone would just be that and not the Dignics (lower price). Also, the Tackiness series not being capable of producing "Tenergy-like" spin when they are? It is not a precise chart.
It all depends how Uou measure, unfortunately they don’t tell…

Cheers
L-dr

Reactions: Tiz
They don't. I just cannot believe in this chart, it seems rather odd for me.
With a lot trampoline You get a different force/speed relation, where to measure. At the top or some kind of average. I don’t know. A curve wou have been better, but for sure something has changed. When it comes to the relation T05/T05FX I think the new is a better match. But if You throw in Rozena it’s totally off I think…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Used to look like this:
Butterfly-Rubber-Matrix-2017.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Ok. It was just an older version of the "butterfly rubber matrix". A bit different from the latest. Alla the Tenergies have the same spin as the corresponding FX-versions for instance. And Tackiness are on the same spin level as Tenergies. There are several versions, just google. Obviously more of sale material than actual help for players.

art

This user has no status.

art

This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Read 1 reviews

i found 80 harder to handle spin in blocking since the bal digs a bit more in the topsheet