Switching to a old style tenergy setup for ease

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2011
345
292
761
Long story short I have injured my back.
The rubbers I normally use need a fair bit of engagement to get there top end.
I'm thinking of switching while injured to a far easier to engage setup. Tenergy 05 or FX type or similar.
I need to be able to play but need a bit of help while I recover. Which is going to be about 8-12 weeks.
Any idea ?
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,552
3,430
8,160
Read 7 reviews
Long story short I have injured my back.
The rubbers I normally use need a fair bit of engagement to get there top end.
I'm thinking of switching while injured to a far easier to engage setup. Tenergy 05 or FX type or similar.
I need to be able to play but need a bit of help while I recover. Which is going to be about 8-12 weeks.
Any idea ?
What's your normal rubber? I wouldn't consider T05 if you haven't played it before. For 8-12 weeks, the most equipment adjustment I would consider is a lighter/softer version of what you are already playing with. If it's anything Tensor, I would not adjust the equipment at all and instead adjust only your game. You can view it as an opportunity to work on your mid-power and touch play.

Now if we were talking 6-8 months, or if you hurt your back from overexertion in TT due to the demands of the equipment, then I would be more biased towards an equipment change.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2011
345
292
761
Normally XIOM 57.5. I hurt my back from playing a match and Doc's have said to take it easy for 8-12 weeks while recovering but it might take longer. I used to play Tenergy years ago and it's easy energy low drag which would give me a bit of a rest from over doing it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tyce
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,552
3,430
8,160
Read 7 reviews
Ah well that does make sense then. Maybe get a lighter version of your normal blade, too, or if you have an older lighter blade that you used to play Tenergy on that's perfect. I think you want to minimize the adjustment, also to prevent unnatural movement for your back.
Easy and familiar sounds like a smart idea.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2011
345
292
761
I feel like walking wounded a bit at the moment and at the start of the season isn't the best time to get an injury like this.
Hope to give it a go and get a bit of help from the lighter bouncier setup.
Cheers
 
  • Like
Reactions: J-fed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2026
366
232
962
Long story short I have injured my back.
The rubbers I normally use need a fair bit of engagement to get there top end.
I'm thinking of switching while injured to a far easier to engage setup. Tenergy 05 or FX type or similar.
I need to be able to play but need a bit of help while I recover. Which is going to be about 8-12 weeks.
Any idea ?
Sounds totally reasonable to me.
Open ups are some really taxing movements on the back in particular. Especially if you have a weakness somewhere that compromises your core engagement.
 
says Aging is a killer
says Aging is a killer
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2011
1,556
1,381
3,953
Read 1 reviews
I feel like walking wounded a bit at the moment and at the start of the season isn't the best time to get an injury like this.
Hope to give it a go and get a bit of help from the lighter bouncier setup.
Cheers
Sorry to hear about the injury. Look after yourself, young man :coffee:.
 

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2023
156
166
435
Christina Kallberg is playing with a Cyber Shape Clipper (see handle).
1791229204073.png
 
Top