The BEST OX Long Pips player?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hello,

Long time ago I saw this player being commented in some forum, but many questions about her were open. As the kind of rubber she was using, the technique she has, against whom she played, etc.

In this video I collected the milestones of her career and analyse her improvements, trying to answer the question:

Is she the BEST OX Long Pips player?

For me she is, but I would like to have your opinions and insights about it.

Regards.

Reactions: Andrea Jiang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Saw the vid... I think Tony would certainly know more and make better comments.

All I can say is I am glad she competed at the level she did with OX LPs... difficult to get wins vs top players with that.
Yeah, this is something that make it more valuable, the way she was playing agains of the best and wining in the way she did it. Thanks for answering, I really appreciate it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Isn't technically ni Xia lian the best ox pip player? Not a traditional pip style player of course.
This is a great comment, actually I don’t know, it is difficult to compare. I would say Xia Lian Ni is more experimented and mature player, then in a match against each other I think Xia can win. Technically Chiu is more creative and do different things, Xia is more classical, maybe this is that make me prefer Chiu. But this is a great name to bring in this discussion and make me think on it. Thanks you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Chiu is very good at keeping the ball low and hitting angle shots. I also noticed she was applying a lot of side spin. The spin helps stabilize the ball, No spin balls tend to float and not go where intended. I need to copy her side spin stroke. It isn't very big and is almost more like a jab. Chiu's opponents should have done more to keep the ball lower so that Chiu could not hit direct line of sight balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
What pimples does she use? 388 d-1 or 388 d-2
In the video in the minute 4:15 I commented that I read in the forums that she used the 388D-1, somebody even said that he asked directly to her. Anyway, maybe you can get it from the image stoped in the 4:15 minute. My eyes where not good enough to get it from there. Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Chiu is very good at keeping the ball low and hitting angle shots. I also noticed she was applying a lot of side spin. The spin helps stabilize the ball, No spin balls tend to float and not go where intended. I need to copy her side spin stroke. It isn't very big and is almost more like a jab. Chiu's opponents should have done more to keep the ball lower so that Chiu could not hit direct line of sight balls.
So good analysis, thanks for sharing it. I didn’t think on it, but it is true. Side spin can be even the base of the long pips game for transforming the spin coming back. Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
This is a great comment, actually I don’t know, it is difficult to compare. I would say Xia Lian Ni is more experimented and mature player, then in a match against each other I think Xia can win. Technically Chiu is more creative and do different things, Xia is more classical, maybe this is that make me prefer Chiu. But this is a great name to bring in this discussion and make me think on it. Thanks you.
I would say chiu might be able to beat ni but of course ni is also 60. At her peak or even just 3-4 years ago ni had a much higher level (like top30 in the world and many wins against top20 opponents). Like 2 years ago or so she even won a set and had some more close ones against one of the Chinese top players.

But chiu is a really good player too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I would say chiu might be able to beat ni but of course ni is also 60. At her peak or even just 3-4 years ago ni had a much higher level (like top30 in the world and many wins against top20 opponents). Like 2 years ago or so she even won a set and had some more close ones against one of the Chinese top players.

But chiu is a really good player too.
Yes, when I compared them, I was thinking in their best career moment. I agree with yo that some years ago a match with them playing would be fantastic.

Thanks for commenting, really great

This user has no status.
Wow, I didn’t know that. Last time I saw her, she was playing doubles mix with Luka Mladenovic in an interesting match
Apparently in Doha. They spoke about it on Japanese TV because Japan will play against Luxembourg in World Team championships