The best wood blade

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Ranked based on personal experience and emphasized on feeling preferences:

Soft feel:
OSP Virtuoso Off- (best 5-ply wooden blade for soft feeling)
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (2nd best 5-ply wooden blade, feeling is between soft and hard)

Hard feel:
Andro TP_Ligna Off (best crisp sensation while blocking and hitting hard, soft feeling for touch shots)
TSP Galleon (5-ply hard blade, adds the extra kick needed in OSP Virtuoso Off-, for sake of feeling)
Stiga Infinity VPS (5-ply stiff blade, I like this blade above 90g, and pairs well with almost all tensor and chinese rubbers)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I played and tested, some of them.

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra offensive
Butterfly Korbel
Stiga Infinity VPS
Hrt Clipper (clipper like)
Yinhe Mc 2
Yinhe pd437 (clipper like)
Donic Person Powerplay
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Andro Kinetic off and off+ (clipper like)

Best overall 5 ply: Stiga Infinity...because of the feel, the power and the versatility.

Best overall 7 ply: HRT Clipper...again, the feel, the power and the confidence it gives.

I dont really care much about characteristics of the blade, the feel for me is the most important thing, and those two, WOW.

Reactions: Vicke and M.Hoang
This user has no status.
What do you think is the best wooden blade? Players will sure have their favorites chosen for qualities like speed, control, flex, feel, vibration, etc. I know of some very good players who will never touch carbon or composites, maybe he knows something?

How about you, what is your favorite wooden blade?

I think the best wooden blade should have qualities such as flex and control, whilst also having the capability to play powerful shots. The flex helps you loop, the control helps you place the ball accurately and the power helps you win the points. Look for something at revspin.net that has good flex (lower stiffness than 5) and a hardness above 5.

This user has no status.
Been a lurker for a few years before deciding to create a profile. My favourite is the unfortunately discontinued Butterfly Senkoh-1. 1 ply of beautiful Hinoki wood. Tremendous feeling in every shot and is packed with power to use when needed.

Next favourite would be the Yasaka Sweden Extra. One of my favourite training blades which I can use to block forever.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
I played and tested, some of them.

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra offensive
Butterfly Korbel
Stiga Infinity VPS
Hrt Clipper (clipper like)
Yinhe Mc 2
Yinhe pd437 (clipper like)
Donic Person Powerplay
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Andro Kinetic off and off+ (clipper like)

Best overall 5 ply: Stiga Infinity...because of the feel, the power and the versatility.

Best overall 7 ply: HRT Clipper...again, the feel, the power and the confidence it gives.

I dont really care much about characteristics of the blade, the feel for me is the most important thing, and those two, WOW.

HRT Clipper is like 6mm thick like old Clippers? And How do you compare it to pd437? Why pd437 doesn't feel so nice to you?

And one more question, where do you find a HRT Clipper nowadays?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Been a lurker for a few years before deciding to create a profile. My favourite is the unfortunately discontinued Butterfly Senkoh-1. 1 ply of beautiful Hinoki wood. Tremendous feeling in every shot and is packed with power to use when needed.

Next favourite would be the Yasaka Sweden Extra. One of my favourite training blades which I can use to block forever.
I own a Senko Butterfly Jpen (blacktag). I play shakehand and don't know what to do with it ha ha ha.

Reactions: The_TT_Bat_Guy
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
My pick would be the following. Not all blades are equally suited to all playing styles, so it's a loose bag of non-interchangeables.

• Andro Nightmare OFF (you know, for kids)
  • Butterfly Petr Korbel XXS (the kids will just love it)
  • Donic Appelgren Allplay
  • Alsèr Allround 5
  • Andro CSV OFF
  • Yasaka Sweden Extra
  • Butterfly Hadraw VK
  • Butterfly Korbel SK7
  • Stiga Clipper
  • Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro
(Sorry 'bout the Hudsucker Proxy bits.)

This user has no status.
What do you think is the best wooden blade? Players will sure have their favorites chosen for qualities like speed, control, flex, feel, vibration, etc. I know of some very good players who will never touch carbon or composites, maybe he knows something?

How about you, what is your favorite wooden blade?
stiga clipper