The lightest Nittaku Acoustic ever made?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I just pulled the rubbers off my Nittaku Acoustic and it weighed it for the first time and was surprised by the results. Only 78g. This is a full 10g less than the average weight. Spectrum analyzer rates the frequency of the blade as 1205 hz (which is in line with other Acoustics in the database). I'm not worried about the authenticity of the blade since I've bought at a reputable retailer and the details match with other Acoustics.

The question I have is what would be the benefits or drawbacks of this very light blade? You'd think it would be very slow but I found it was pretty fast with Fastarc rubbers (C-1 FH and S-1 BH). It was actually way too fast, springy, and catapulty for me and I had problems controlling it compared to a Yasaka Sweden Extra with more linear and slower rubber. It wasn't just slightly faster than the YSE but a lot faster. Maybe this has more to do with the soft Fastarc rubbers?

I don't want to give up on the blade since I paid over $100 for it, and it feels good with high quality. So another question I have is what rubbers I should put on it to get more control from it. Right now I have the following rubbers on hand after a month of impulse buying:

Yinhe Mercury 2 med
Yinhe Mercury 2 soft
Yinhe Moon soft
Yinhe Moon Speed soft
Yinhe Jupiter 3 38d
Xiom Vega Pro 2.0

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers and happy holidays!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If I were you, I would put Jupiter 3 on FH and Vega Pro on BH. This would be a nice little offensive setup but also with control.

Mercury is much slower, and really for beginners, but would supposedly have even more control

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
If I were you, I would put Jupiter 3 on FH and Vega Pro on BH. This would be a nice little offensive setup but also with control.

Mercury is much slower, and really for beginners, but would supposedly have even more control

I am a beginner so I'm very tempted to go with the slowest and easiest to control rubbers possible and then work my way up from there (leaning Mercury 2 med for FH and Moon for BH). I've had a couple months of coaching and maybe a month of league play. I really enjoy doing full swings with the slower Yasaka Sweden Extra and that blade also has Mercury 2 on the FH and Xiom Vega Intro on the BH.

I've been enjoying using the YSE but I cannot hit winners with it even with a full swing. And a club member who tried my YSE setup said it was too slow even for a beginner. Ideally, I would want similar control from the Acoustic with just a bit more top end speed so I can actually win points with a powerful hit.