Tibhar K3 Hybrid and Victas > 22 double extra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hey everyone,

I recently switched from C53 to K3 and like the change. I do wonder sometimes though if I should maybe switch to a rubber which is a tad softer. I saw the V>22 was 50 degrees, rather than the 53 degrees of the K3. I was wondering if anyone has been able to try these and compare them to one another?

With kind regards,
Martijn Heemskerk

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
As many have said before, hardness marked on the package is only for the sponge, not the combined hardness of sponge+topsheet , so there is no point comparing hardness of different models especially different models from different companies.

Also, k3 is a hybrid rubber, v22 is just tensor rubber.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
As many have said before, hardness marked on the package is only for the sponge, not the combined hardness of sponge+topsheet , so there is no point comparing hardness of different models especially different models from different companies.

Also, k3 is a hybrid rubber, v22 is just tensor rubber.

Well, v>22 has a soft topsheet, so it should still be softer than k3. And both rubbers dont have to be hybrid or tensors to compare them to one another.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Well, v>22 has a soft topsheet, so it should still be softer than k3. And both rubbers dont have to be hybrid or tensors to compare them to one another.
Hybrid rubbers plays very different from tensor rubbers, so the difference you feel isn't necessarily from the hardness. What I'm trying to say is if you just want a softer k3, then you should not be looking into v22.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I've played with both and like both. I like the K3 for FH. It's slightly tacky so good grip on short balls. The hardness gives me good control and speed away from the table. With V22 it is slightly softer like what others said. I like it for short flicks or soft shots. Away from the table you need a little more effort to generate spin but it still has good power. I may try the V22 on my BH after my current rubber wears out. I use both interchangeably and they both last a long time.

I'm curious why did you change away from the C53?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hey everyone,

I recently switched from C53 to K3 and like the change. I do wonder sometimes though if I should maybe switch to a rubber which is a tad softer. I saw the V>22 was 50 degrees, rather than the 53 degrees of the K3. I was wondering if anyone has been able to try these and compare them to one another?

With kind regards,
Martijn Heemskerk
V>22 is pretty good but I expected it to be more like Nittaku Hammond Z2 which is great, and V>22 paled in comparison.

K3 is a real quality hybrid rubber on the other end.

You can't really compare the two.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
To OP, what made you change away from C53?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
To OP, what made you change away from C53?
I heard from people that k3 was slightly easier to engage than c53, and i agree. I wanted a little more headroom on shots where my confidence was not 100%. Thats also the reason im interested in v22, softer sponge means a bigger headroom.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I heard from people that k3 was slightly easier to engage than c53, and i agree. I wanted a little more headroom on shots where my confidence was not 100%. Thats also the reason im interested in v22, softer sponge means a bigger headroom.
K3’s top sheet is much more grippy than v22’s. A softer k3 would be h8-80 or maybe Victas Triple Regular.