TSP Balsa 6.5 OFF vs TSP Black Balsa 7.0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019
Hi all, i'm a new member to the forum (ive been lurking for a while tho) and i'm planning on getting a new bat, and i was wondering how different is the Balsa 6.5 OFF compared to 7.0. (my old bat is Blade: Huieson 7 ply carbon (i think), FH: Yasaka Rakza 9, BH: Juic Nano Spin II

I've had a hit with the Balsa 6.5 OFF with Spinlord Waran on BH and fell in love with the combo instantly and plan was planning on getting it with either a Rakza 9 or maybe a Palio AK 47 Red (for the higher throw angle) but after doing a little research i came across the black balsa 7.0 and was curious to the pro's and con's to each bat for my playing style; which is heavy looping on my FH and flat smashing and low fast shots with my BH, i understand that most balsa blades aren't best for looping but that isn't really my focus (i don't really do looping attacks).

(if anyone is curious about the FH i was using with the 6.5 just ask and i'll try find out within the week)

So if anyone has used both TSP Balsa 6.5 and Black Balsa 7.0 with SP on BH (or anyone that has used black balsa 7.0 with SP on BH) i'd really like to know what some things that i'd might like from one blade compared to the other, Cheers :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I haven't tried the 6.5, but I was very impressed with the 7.0 in combination with V01 max sponge (I was playing cpen, so not my natural style, but could get heavy contact and/or spin from both sides)... in open play, that is. My point is, it really is not just a hitter's blade the way I assumed it would be, but can loop beautifully. Chances are, it made me feel better than I am, as the shots came so nice, clear and deadly. If going instantly for the kill, especially at close to mid-range is what you like, go for it, by all means. It is the short game I can't tell you much about, and I imagine it could be the main factor why the 6.5 could make more sense. Also a tad more flex, I suppose, which could be handy for opening up, and less speed to manage when out of position. So, for a more variable / mixed game, I imagine the 6.5 would make more sense (not to mention, you tried it and loved it - looking for ever more can become a tricky business). Do note, these are only assumptions. Let us know how it goes.