Two new Cybershapes from Stiga (Clipper & AC)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think it is smart to sell that shape with other compositions too because they put in the Marketing effort so why not try to sell other stuff too.

The price Tag is definitely expensive for an all wood blade, usually you would expect a higher end all wood blade by a good brand to be like 50-60 bucks or so and the CS ones are twice as much.

On the other hand of course many of the famous all wood blades of the big companies like the butterfly Korbel or stiga allround classic are already quite old so the development costs are already written off while the CS all woods had to be developed first, so I expect that they want the first buyers to pay more to pay for some of the development and marketing costs and later it probably will get cheaper.

I definitely wouldn't pay 120 bucks for an all wood blade but that might be some truls fans who want a CS blade but can't handle a carbon blade yet.

This user has no status.
I think it is smart to sell that shape with other compositions too because they put in the Marketing effort so why not try to sell other stuff too.

The price Tag is definitely expensive for an all wood blade, usually you would expect a higher end all wood blade by a good brand to be like 50-60 bucks or so and the CS ones are twice as much.

On the other hand of course many of the famous all wood blades of the big companies like the butterfly Korbel or stiga allround classic are already quite old so the development costs are already written off while the CS all woods had to be developed first, so I expect that they want the first buyers to pay more to pay for some of the development and marketing costs and later it probably will get cheaper.

I definitely wouldn't pay 120 bucks for an all wood blade but that might be some truls fans who want a CS blade but can't handle a carbon blade yet.
Actually the new CS blades are not that expensive, AC and Clipper are priced at 70 and 90 EUR in the Stiga online shop.

Actually the new CS blades are not that expensive, AC and Clipper are priced at 70 and 90 EUR in the Stiga online shop.
Not expensive !!! wow...
I paid around that price for a blade specially made for my requirements.

To mass produce a small piece of wood like that doesn't cost a lot of money. There is a gimongous mark up. I bought some alser all+ from TTEX at 25 Euro a piece last summer and I still think they made money....

90 Euros for a 7 ply all wood blade pieeeww... No thank You.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Sticky and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
More choice may not bring in more revenue for the producer, but it is certainly better for the consumer.

Not necessarily so. Check out the book The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz. Even though this book is quite old, it has spurred a relevant discussion in recent years about the economy of attention. Also, the new generation of critical theorists in sociology are interested in the idea as a way of seeing how established corporations are exuding their influence onto consumers.

But we love this carousel that they put us on -- testing all that is new to chase the myth of satisfaction

Last edited:
Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
Not expensive !!! wow...
I paid around that price for a blade specially made for my requirements.

To mass produce a small piece of wood like that doesn't cost a lot of money. There is a gimongous mark up. I bought some alser all+ from TTEX at 25 Euro a piece last summer and I still think they made money....

90 Euros for a 7 ply all wood blade pieeeww... No thank You.

Cheers
L-zr
Well Alser blades have been discontinued and they have been trying to empty the shelves for a long time.

Regarding the pricing there are several brands that sell all wood blades around 100 EUR and above:
- Victas SWAT Power
- Victas Koki Niva Wood
- Butterfly SK7

But sure, I agree 70-90 EUR is not cheap.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
I think I'm going to test the clipper... I'm looking for a blade that is between cs wood and cs carbon.
I really like the CS carbon but it is clearly too fast
The classic clipper, I played with it for a long time and I loved it.... before switching to carbon blade but I'm wondering about going back to a 7 ply so this cs tempts me a lot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I think I'm going to test the clipper... I'm looking for a blade that is between cs wood and cs carbon.
I really like the CS carbon but it is clearly too fast
The classic clipper, I played with it for a long time and I loved it.... before switching to carbon blade but I'm wondering about going back to a 7 ply so this cs tempts me a lot
A friend of mine tried Clipper Cybershape this weekend and he loved it! He has the wood version and he is going to upgrade. I'm going to try his blade when he gets it from Stiga.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Cybershape is pushing ball more forward than classic shape.
EJ buys a lot of blades and change multiple rubbers and it is still cheap for them but 90€ for classic great blade is expensive....Future players will learn how to use the shape and dont change blades too much so the prices are perfect

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Any idea of the weight of the Clipper Cybershape with a FL handle? I have a Clipper with the Legend handle and I love the touch of it but it's 98-99 grams :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Any idea of the weight of the Clipper Cybershape with a FL handle? I have a Clipper with the Legend handle and I love the touch of it but it's 98-99 grams :(
I did not weigh my wood (cybershape clipper) but my complete racket with Hybrid dna H and mantra pro M with a grip for the handle is 190g

I would say the weight of the blade is between 85 and 90g

Reactions: Tiz

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I did not weigh my wood (cybershape clipper) but my complete racket with Hybrid dna H and mantra pro M with a grip for the handle is 190g

I would say the weight of the blade is between 85 and 90g
What are your impressions, if you tested it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
What are your impressions, if you tested it?
I only tested it quickly, it's significantly slower than the carbon version (big off+) and faster than wood (off-)
The clipper I would place it in small off but we have to push the tests
It seems excellent in blocks (at the same time the clippers are very good in blocks)
I can't say more because for the moment I'm staying on carbon and I'm going to test a custom Joola Rossi Emotion cybershape !!
But I would do tests again within the year

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I have the cybershape wood and like it overall. However, its weight is only 79 gram and I feel it's a bit too slow. Thinking of upgrading to Clipper, but afraid it's too fast. What do you think?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

That must be one expensive cutting jig/template for the Cybershape!!! no wonder it costs more!!!!

This user has no status.
I have the cybershape wood and like it overall. However, its weight is only 79 gram and I feel it's a bit too slow. Thinking of upgrading to Clipper, but afraid it's too fast. What do you think?
One of the better guys at my club is playing with Clipper Cybershape. T05 FX forehand, Rasanter R45 backhand. He loves the combination, so I guess if you like all wood but wanna go stiffer and faster, seems like a sure choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: matti77