Unboosted Hurricane 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Yesterday i was in a club and i saw one Chinese using H3 rubber both sides on his Penhold Viscaria blade, maybe because of the language we didn't understand each other, but from what he said as long he understood my English he said he didn't boost both H3 rubbers on his blade, FH is Blue sponge version so it could be Prov or National not sure, and not sure which hardness degree, so i decided just to give the coach both of my BS H3 [National and Prov] to glue it on my blades without boosting.
National i never tried unboosted, but prov pretty great in 2.15 in bs.

This user has no status.
Before changing to D09c, I have always used H3neo, and despite getting a bottle of booster, I never committed to boosting (cannot be bothered enough). I did like playing with H3neo unboosted, but it could also be that I have never played with boosted version.
Interesting to see that unboosted H3 can be a preparatory step into the Dignics world!

• Haha
Reactions: JeffM
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yesterday i was in a club and i saw one Chinese using H3 rubber both sides on his Penhold Viscaria blade, maybe because of the language we didn't understand each other, but from what he said as long he understood my English he said he didn't boost both H3 rubbers on his blade, FH is Blue sponge version so it could be Prov or National not sure, and not sure which hardness degree, so i decided just to give the coach both of my BS H3 [National and Prov] to glue it on my blades without boosting.
good way to go. Be methodical, take notes, you can always boost them later.

This user has no status.
National i never tried unboosted, but prov pretty great in 2.15 in bs.
I have Prov BS on my Long 5x blade, i can play it just nicely fine, it was boosted, and i never played with it much and i didn't reboost so sure the effect has been gone and i decided not to reboost anyway, so i don't feel like i must keep boosting if i don't play much, and one will be as main and the other will be just practice racket, one with National and one with Prov, while for my first DHs blade old one [Hao III] i decided i don't need to boost it as i won't play with this blade much anyway, so boosting it will be useless.

I boosted maybe 2 commercial H3 NEO rubbers OS and also used another two unboosted, i didn't feel the difference is day and night, in fact i adjusted myself to each, if something need more power i give more power, if the other need moderate power i give moderate power, then i felt like both became almost same for me, i have many other rubbers so i got used to all styles, Chinese European African doesn't matter.

Reactions: DaveNewbie
This user has no status.
good way to go. Be methodical, take notes, you can always boost them later.
The coach himself said he can boost it, but he advised me not, in fact he asked me to boost it by myself rather than him to learn, but he advised me to try it first without boosting, and later i can remove the rubber and apply boosting later if i have to, honestly speaking, this is the best idea i should do, to me i won't really care much between the two, i don't play a lot or very regular nowadays, so i don't think that my rubber need boosting very must, and because later i am also planning to buy that Long 5 National version, i will use H3 National rubber on it too, maybe that time i will boost.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Interesting to see that unboosted H3 can be a preparatory step into the Dignics world!
I never boosted either. I used to play commercial h3 neo at 41 degrees on viscaria. Tough to play topspins with high consistency because it required a bunch of power and physical strength, but countering and ripping backspin balls was incredibly easy, you didn't even have to aim. It did get tiring in the middle of the match though. Also blocks dropped like a long pimple, so that was deceptive af...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
The coach himself said he can boost it, but he advised me not, in fact he asked me to boost it by myself rather than him to learn, but he advised me to try it first without boosting, and later i can remove the rubber and apply boosting later if i have to, honestly speaking, this is the best idea i should do, to me i won't really care much between the two, i don't play a lot or very regular nowadays, so i don't think that my rubber need boosting very must, and because later i am also planning to buy that Long 5 National version, i will use H3 National rubber on it too, maybe that time i will boost.
this is why i use hurricane on my forehand. i can adjust to different rubbers quickly...and different paddles. sometimes i use the old sand paper paddles at my office table and i still can hit some nice rips on my coworkers lol.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
this is why i use hurricane on my forehand. i can adjust to different rubbers quickly...and different paddles. sometimes i use the old sand paper paddles at my office table and i still can hit some nice rips on my coworkers lol.
Yes, i am trying to use so many setup just to get used of different things, i also have one sand paper racket, so it is fun to try as much we can.

This user has no status.
This week I've had a very similar experience, but with unboosted H2 Neo (Commercial 2.2 Mid) instead of H3 on my Yinhe Pro 01. This is my first experience with pure Chinese-style rubber, as I was quite worried in the past that it would prove too much for me, and made sure to try hybrids first. My main blade is faster (Cornilleau Hinotec Off+ Carbon) and I have hybrids on it, so I naturally expected to find this new combination difficult. Much to my surprise, it not only proved to be perfectly playable, but also quite powerful. At high impact, it doesn't feel slow to me at all, and I have plenty of experience with Euro/Jap tensors. I guess it helps that I tend to hit hard and have a bigger swing. But I even like H2 on my BH, much better than Bluegrip C2 on the other side which I find much less stable. It gives me the confidence to hit hard and brush aggressively without having to worry about missing. It's just lovely how my opponents keep returning my loops sky high, thinking that it all has to do with their lousy blocking skills. ☺️

Sure, on passive shots it's not a quick rubber, but I believe that is more than compensated for in higher control and superior spin potential, as well as major improvements in the serve and receive game. For now I don't really feel a need to boost, at least until the Neo tuning wears off.

Now I wonder, if I were to use Hurricane on both sides, which one (at the same sponge hardness) would more likely be better suited for BH? H2 or H3?