Unboosted Hurricane 3

This user has no status.
Recently,I've been using an unboosted commercial H3, 39 degrees, on my FH. I just wanted to try how an unboosted H3 felt, I expected a completely dead rubber, but I really like it. I feel it's powerful enough when you use a whole-body FH technique, really spinny and with a lot of control, and it doesn't lack speed. Maybe is it because it is the new version of H3, much less tacky? Or because it's on an outer carbon blade, a Yinhe V-14 pro? Anyone has had the same feeling with unboosted H3 and is actually playing with it? Any experience with blue sponge versions of harder orange ones?

I guess that blue sponge H3 would be very hard to play without boosting, but the orange one is an option unboosted if you don't need a very very fast rubber.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
What about H3 NEO National BS 39 degree 2.1mm on a fast carbon blade, need boosting?
Buy a sheet and try it unboosted on a fast blade. Then if you feel it is way too slow for you = boost it. You can't loose and amateur TT does not really need high speed but spin and placing of the ball and heaps of variation.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
Buy a sheet and try it unboosted on a fast blade. Then if you feel it is way too slow for you = boost it. You can't loose and amateur TT does not really need high speed but spin and placing of the ball and heaps of variation.

I can do that, but i prefer to boost it even one layer at least if not two, so no matter what the boosting won't make it worse from what i hear.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
What’s the colour of the number 3 on the package? A red 3 indicates the new topsheet - almost non tacky.

If a black 3, might be the old or the new one.

It’s down to personal preference really.

Some people prefer a style like Ma Lin, he plays extremely soft short game as well as explosive loop. This style suits really hard unboosted tacky rubber.

Others prefer a speed game. It looks like this is your style.

says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
What’s the colour of the number 3 on the package? A red 3 indicates the new topsheet - almost non tacky.

If a black 3, might be the old or the new one.

It’s down to personal preference really.

Some people prefer a style like Ma Lin, he plays extremely soft short game as well as explosive loop. This style suits really hard unboosted tacky rubber.

Others prefer a speed game. It looks like this is your style.

ma lin uses his skyline 2 unboosted?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I usually use prov blue bought from tt11 and doublehappinessusa - they’re not really tacky as of recently.

this week my friend brought back a sheet from China. What a difference in tackiness.

The rubber feels a bit slower - not a lot but the counter game is so so so much better due to the capability of “holding” the ball.

and yes, i boost 3 thin layers with Seamoon

This user has no status.
Friend of mine uses it on Cybershape carbon, it doesn't. Whatever is your preference.
Yesterday i was in a club and i saw one Chinese using H3 rubber both sides on his Penhold Viscaria blade, maybe because of the language we didn't understand each other, but from what he said as long he understood my English he said he didn't boost both H3 rubbers on his blade, FH is Blue sponge version so it could be Prov or National not sure, and not sure which hardness degree, so i decided just to give the coach both of my BS H3 [National and Prov] to glue it on my blades without boosting.