Upgrade Blade advices please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello, I’m new to this forum but I’ve played table tennis for 4 years.

since one year back I play with Sweden extra with rakza7 on both sides (2.0). I love the control in the blade but since I’m an offensive forehand dominated player I feel like I sometimes lack some speed.

In other words, if I want the same type of control but a little bit more speed, which blade could I upgrade to? Or is upgrade of rubber also an alternative?

beat regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
If you would like to stay within the 5 ply blades you could get a Nittaku Violin or even an Acoustic. The later should definitely be an upgrade to the Sweden extra and is definitely good for looping and will give you extra speed as well. You host have to check what weight you choose to not get a very light Violin which might be only as fast as the YSE.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Post a clip with your technique if you have 4 years in table tennis with coached technique you should easily go for carbon blade like innerforce zlc,alc if you don't then stay with that blade but upgrade the rubbers for me personally rakza 7 is very bad these days cant even come close to the quality of butterfly,stiga,andro rubbers always chose good quality rubbers the blade is not that important if you are not that good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Try keeping the blade but replacing the rubber with something a bit more up to date, faster and at MAX thickness to see if it will be enough. If you go with the new harder rubbers, be aware they will probably be heavier. If the rubber upgrade is not enough, try an inner carbon blade like the Hurricane Long 5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Try keeping the blade but replacing the rubber with something a bit more up to date, faster and at MAX thickness to see if it will be enough. If you go with the new harder rubbers, be aware they will probably be heavier. If the rubber upgrade is not enough, try an inner carbon blade like the Hurricane Long 5.

I'm not familiar with the swedish rating system

+1 to simply switching to faster rubbers.. If not, then, I'd recommend, the following 5-ply all wood blades..

• Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
  • Masala Ma Lin Extra Off
  • Stiga Infinity VPS
  • Xiom Offensive S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

since one year back I play with Sweden extra with rakza7 on both sides (2.0). I love the control in the blade but since I’m an offensive forehand dominated player I feel like I sometimes lack some speed.

In other words, if I want the same type of control but a little bit more speed, which blade could I upgrade to? Or is upgrade of rubber also an alternative?

beat regards
Try the fang bo carbon blade. Great control with speed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
1500 is on the lower part of an intermediate player.
I would also change the rubbers first and see if it gives you enough, wouldn't go for a carbon blade just yet. Know several 2300 ish mostly offensive players in Sweden that stills play witch all wood blades and are doing just fine.

I would look into

stiga dna pro H
Stiga platinum M or H
Andra rasanter
Butterfly 05 or dignics 05

The last one isn't always easy to use but if you train on regular basis you will learn it.

says Kristian Karlsson is the goat
says Kristian Karlsson is the goat
Dec 2022

beat regards
Hello I am also swedish so I will write this in swedish, gillar du de plattorna som du har nu så kan du byta till t.ex, ma lin extra offensive eller något annat från yasaka, vill du ha kolfiber stomme så kör på ma lin soft carbon, sjukt nice looping stomme faktiskt.