V11 extra alternative

This user has no status.
Hello,

I need advice to replace my V11 extra on the forehand side. I think it is an almost perfect rubber, it has perfect speed / control ratio (not to fast for a tensor), very linear (i like that), comfortable (feel softer than its 47,5°), nice feeling, not sensitive, and what I love is it is very light. But unfortunately, I lack some natural "grip" i have with some other rubbers. I would like to find something identical but with more grip (even it it is slower, not à problem). To compare, in the past I have tried :

- Nittaku factive : very good tensor because it is easy, so even beginners can try it, good at everything but awesome nowhere. I have also that feeling that it lack some easy grip. But really good overall rubber, and for the price awesome value.

- Xiom Vega Intro : very close to the factive, but a bit less good, I prefer the Nittaku.

- Tibhar vari spin : don't like it, while control and spin are good, it feel "dead" (at least for me), I hate the feeling, and it lack some "easy power" of tensor.

- Xiom Vega pro : the spin I can put with it is very high, it seems to have a very good natural grip. But sometimes it is a bit unpredictable for me.

- Nittaku C-1 : very good rubber, it could fit what I am looking for, good grip, but it is heavier than the V11, and also less linear / more catapult, and for me "linear" is very important.

- Nittaku G-1 : very good, high linearity and natural grip, but I don't like the feel because it feel to "hard" (more than 47,5°), the V11 is way more comfortable.

- V15 extra : awesome rubber, just a bit to fast for me, and heavy.

So if you can give me some suggestion it would be nice. To conclude, I will say that perfect rubber for me should be the V11 but with a bit less speed and more natural grip (meaning more spin at equal gesture).

I will put the V11 on my backhand, because I tried it and it is so good, before I played with Xiom vega Europe, but my BH is better with the V11, more consistent, because the V11 has less catapult and is less sensitive of incoming spin. It is weird because it has an 47,5° hardness, but it is the best rubber I tried on BH.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Thank you for your suggestion, but I guess it is way faster than the V11, no ? Because I don't want to much speed, V11 is perfect, but even if new rubber is a bit slower, it is ok.
It's not faster, it's a linear rubber, you get what you put in it. If you play fast it's gonna play fast, and if you play slow it'll play slow. It's direct competition to the dignics series. It's good.

Reactions: Romson
This user has no status.
You can consider Andro Hexer Grip, Nittaku PK50
Thank you for your help. When I ordered my actyal blade, I have think a lot about the PK50, it seems very good from what I read (just only a bit heavy however), not to fast, huge spin potential, but at the end I was affraid that the "sticky" effect don't last long, am I wrong ?

What is the difference between PK50 and Hammond Z2 ?

About the hardness, it is ok if it is a rubber about 45°. 47,5° is not an obligation for me, what is important is the weight, not faster than V11 (it is ok if it is slower) and a bit more grip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thank you for your help. When I ordered my actyal blade, I have think a lot about the PK50, it seems very good from what I read (just only a bit heavy however), not to fast, huge spin potential, but at the end I was affraid that the "sticky" effect don't last long, am I wrong ?

About the hardness, it is ok if it is a rubber about 45°. 47,5° is not an obligation for me, what is important is the weight, not faster than V11 (it is ok if it is slower) and a bit more grip.
I haven't tried it myself but one of my club-mates speaks highly of PK50 and how its the only hybrid he's tried that maintains tackyness

This user has no status.
but you have to take into consideration that the Sieger PK 50 isn´t produced anymore i believe.
Only played the Hammond Z2 sry can´t compare,or only tried the Sieger for half an hour.
What about Neo 3 or is that completely out of the image?It is still the King of China Semi-Tacky rubbers with lots of Options.
You also could try skyline 2 or 3 ,just saying cause of the price factor.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
but you have to take into consideration that the Sieger PK 50 isn´t produced anymore i believe.
You have mentioned that a few times, but never given a proper source. If it is not produced anymore, why would it still be sold on the official website?
It is also highly unlikely for Nittaku to discontinue a rubber only introduced less than 3 years ago.

What speaks against the pk50 is the weight and physical burden onyour physique to get it going. If the OP is complaining about other rubbers not feeling that easy to get power out of, then pk50 is a no no

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
I tried both and on my feeling Z2 was much faster
Thak you guys for you answers. Piligrim thank for your feedback, it match with what I have read, the Z2 seems very faster than V11 so it will not be good.

About the PK50, Hurricane neo etc ... it could fit, but I don't know hybrid or sticky rubbers, never tried them. About the PK50, with other rubbers like G1, etc ... I have no problem of power or energy (power is my strengh as I come from tennis), but I don't know why with the V11 on my Allround S on the forehand I put way more spin than with my others rubbers. For exemple with my Septear with vega pro I can put awesome spin, same with my Latika and V15 extra etc ...

Maybe it is about the blade ? Because that right that I love it, but sometime I lack a little more flex / dwell in comparison to other blades, and while it is very good to block, cut, precision etc ... i lost something in spin department.

This user has no status.

If you maintain well PK50 will last long enough. I am using as my second setup. Hammond Z2 is much faster than V11 and not sticky. It is also on clearance price at famous seller. You can buy two sheet for the price of one.

This user has no status.
If you maintain well PK50 will last long enough. I am using as my second setup. Hammond Z2 is much faster than V11 and not sticky. It is also on clearance price at famous seller. You can buy two sheet for the price of one.
Thank you, welle if it is faster it is not for me as I don't want faster. Maybe the PK50 could be good as I search something with more grip than the V11 even if it is slower. I never tried hybrid rubber however.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews
Thank you, welle if it is faster it is not for me as I don't want faster. Maybe the PK50 could be good as I search something with more grip than the V11 even if it is slower. I never tried hybrid rubber however.

Maybe you should try Rakza Z. It's not faster and very grippy, more than V11