What blade Darko Jorgic playing at Europe top 16 cup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Good day to all TTD members,

Congratulations to Europe top 16 champions Darko Jorgic, what blade and rubber he is playing in this tournament ?

Thank you for all kind reply.

Best regards,

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I doubt it is a Dyneema-based blade. it certainly doesn't sound like the official Tibhar racket that I've been playing with for a couple of weeks out of curiosity.
Actually, I think it is another alc-based blade just like the one used by Liam Pitchford.
Liam Pitchford not using his blade from Victas? Also, sound can be deceiving, the sound you hear is a combination of the blade and rubbers, and rubbers affect the sound quite a lot, try putting Victas TD on something and try it yourself, you'll understand what I mean.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
just curious, on the other side l wonder, do fans of Roger or Rafal also ask what racquet they use or what strings they use? Genuine curiosity...
Good question. Is there more acceptance for "pro" equipment in other sports (can´t have what they have, so be it) or don´t fans even care?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I assume he was using his signature blade, Tibhar Dynamic JC (https://www.tibhar.com/en/product/dynamic-jc/), with Hybrid K3 on the forehand and a special version of Evolution MX-P (Evolution Infinity MX-P, which I don't think is publicly available?) on the backhand.
It´s not an Evolution rubber by name, it is simply called Infinity MX-P. And yes, it can´t be bought. The jury´s still out on whether it´ll ever be ;-)

Reactions: TT Lover
says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
Liam Pitchford not using his blade from Victas? Also, sound can be deceiving, the sound you hear is a combination of the blade and rubbers, and rubbers affect the sound quite a lot, try putting Victas TD on something and try it yourself, you'll understand what I mean.
Nope. I am 100% sure. I saw his racket up close and personal. ALC blade with Victas handles.
Btw, Dyneema sounds so differently. Far cry from that typical twack from ALC. And I do agree fully with opinion that technique and rubbers affect the sound but these are 2 different worlds.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
just curious, on the other side l wonder, do fans of Roger or Rafal also ask what racquet they use or what strings they use? Genuine curiosity...

I'm by no means an expert but here is my five cents:
I think tennis is different in some ways. It is generally known what the greats in tennis has been playing with (includin Federers frame change ten years back) and the actual, or at least similar, things are sold to customers (The Wilson Pro Staf RF 97 for Federer, Babolat Pure Aero for Nadal (actually he plays the first version of the frame named Aero pro drive)). There is also known or at least open for anyone who want to know what the pros actually play with, even the more obscure pro molds (like Novaks Head Pro stock PT113B). I would say it's similar in terms of string set ups.

My impression is that the equipment of TT pros is way more mysterious and harder to get acutal knowledge than with tennis pros equipment. Remember also that this is written from a very TT-focused perspective.

Reactions: SamTheMan

NDH

says Spin to win!
Back when I was playing Tennis, and was interested in the pro's equipment, it was *easier* to find out what they were using, but there was still a little mystery.

Federer was the one people discussed the most, partly because.... well, it's Roger Federer, but partly because his "Signature" rackets were never the one he actually used.

He had a 90 sq inch frame for ever, until he *finally* switched to the 97 inch racket he ended up with.

For a period of time he was playing with an all black racket which looked epic (no obvious Wilson markings), which was the foundation for the color scheme moving forward.

There are always questions on the tennis rackets:

1. How much extra weight do they have in their handle
2. What string set up do they have
3. Is "insert player here" really using the "signature" racket that their sponsor says they are using?

It's not really that different to Table Tennis.

Where TT differs, is the fact you can have players using the handle of one brand, and the actual bat of another (FZD back when he was with Stiga for example).

You also have the apparent use of equipment that is simply not available to purchase.....

Chinese rubbers spring to mind, but I'm guessing EURO/JAP rubbers might also come into it.

But back to your initial point...... Yes, Tennis fans absolutely obsess over the equipment as much as TT people do :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
Well, you'd be surprised how many people ask that. just look at the talk tennis forum. I have played tennis for a long time and I still have several pro stock rackets. They weren't that hard to get. I also have the specifications written down somewhere - mass, balance point, racket length, swing weight or dynamic inertia, type of strings, type of overgrip, position of the lead tape, drill pattern, graphite layup, stiffness index etc.
It is proven many times empirically that they play with totally different rackets compared to the retail ones.

here, in table tennis, at least that's my impression, it's harder to get reliable answers

Reactions: Gozo Aruna