What FH rubber to choose? (pen)

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello!

Recently I started playing cpen and I built a new setup, YEO, Hurricane 2 neo and Vega Euro. I like the blade and Vega because I used a similar setup when I played shake.

Originaly I had bought a Skyline 2 neo but they sent me a Hurricane 2, which feels very weird, I don't really like it and I want to change it. I have two rubbers in mind, blue sponge TG2 or the new rubber by Xu Xin, the Xuperman Powerplay X.

Here's my problem with Hurricane 2 neo, it feels very unforgiving to me, almost unstable. It has a very low throw and a very fast and hard impact. It doesn't have much elasticity and the topsheet feels hard, much harder than Hurricane 3. I feel that the low throw makes me think it'll go in the net, but never quite does it. And when I least expect it, it decides to go in the net, head first. I think I want tacky, more elastic with better feel, but I don't know how these 2 rubbers feel and play.

One of the reasons I'm thinking of Powerplay because it's newer than Skyline, that's 20+ years old and it's tecnology should better fit the plastic ball.

Does anyone have any input on how TG2 blue and Powerplay X compare? What would be easier and safer to use?

Thanks for reading through all of this and happy new year!

(ps, I did see the review on the Powerplay X but doesn't really have an answer to such a personal question)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
i tried Skyline 2 blue lately and kinda have the same impression. Its lowthrow is not ideal for me. Back to H3 it is much easier to put the ball over the net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
i tried Skyline 2 blue lately and kinda have the same impression. Its lowthrow is not ideal for me. Back to H3 it is much easier to put the ball over the net.

Blue sponge has less feeling and control compared to orange sponge.

You should give the commercial Neo Skyline 2 40 degree a try.