What forehand rubber should I get as a chopper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
What forehand rubber should I get as a chopper? So far I tried Tenergy05, Tenergy05 hard, and Dicnics 09c. To be honest, I can't really tell which one was better.
As for my forehand, I chop 30% of the time and drive away from the table 70% of the time.

Are any any rubbers that you recommend? Are are any advantages with sticky rubbers like the Hurricane 3 as a defender?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Do I need to boost rubbers like the Neo Hurricane 3? I heard that it comes pre-boosted.
H3 is meant to be DIY boosted.

NeoH3 is supposedly factory boosted but that does not stop TT enthusiast from boosting it.

Heck, there are some over-zealous enthusiast that boost Tenergy as well.

Too each his own.

• Haha
Reactions: Pepo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
The other day I tried Giant Dragon - Submarine on BH. This was on my Yinhe - V14 Pro blade.

If you're into chopping this might be the rubber for you. It's slow, soft, half tacky and energy absorbing. Nothing like the Dignics, Tenergy or Hurricane rubbers, but for chopping it's great and gives you superb control.

You'll have to put in some hard work when you're driving away from the table though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
It depends if you are hyper aggressive or not. What do you mean by drive away 70% of the time ? You just put the ball low on the table when far away and not playing counter topspin ? In that case, Victas VS401 (1.5mm) or Xiom Vega Def might be a good option. You will be a wall with it, you can't miss a chop with it and the driving is very stable. On the other hand, topspin/countertopspinning require a good amount of power.

If you want to be more aggressive (but less stability in defense), you can use what pros use (V20 double extra for Muramatsu, T64 for Suh Hyowon, T05 for Kang Dangsoo...)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have a long pips blade, on the other side i have a boosted DHS Goldarc 5 42d Med sponge. You can soak up pressure and chop with so much backspin. attacking was very powerfull with my modified Stiga OC. But it isn't very good for flat hits.
My suggestion would be similar to TTS's good idea.

Get a cheep sheet or three of H3... slobber sum baby oil on the sponge... leave it on a few days... that sponge will be 2-3 degrees softer - just right. The topsheet is already tacky and slow...

So now you have a soft, control FH rubber that can really slow the ball down and load up the spin.

Another way is to cop-out and buy a soft allround offensive rubber with extra soft sponge... like the ones called "sound" which are a couple degrees softer than soft.

Aurus Sound is an outstanding rubber for this application. You just do not miss shots with this and can still lay sum smack down.

Remember, not missing counts for a damn lot.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I’m no real chopper, or high level player, but I tested T05/T18 a while ago, for fun I played a few chops, which, when compared to other rubbers, the T05/T18 chops were easier, I could play float, light, high spin chops much more consistently than with the alternatives on hand at the time.
For attacking on FH, if you are playing drives, then T05 is great for these shots.
I reviewed T05/T18 and remember writing that they are great for chopping!! You could try something else, maybe you’ll get on better, maybe you won’t!!