Yes they use the same scale as DHS for the most part but for some rubbers such as the new telson they seem to use Esn scale...😵💫🤷LOKI did a lot to confuse customers, they seem to use different hardness scales on different rubbers.
I do not think that ITTF will be bothered to get involved in this.LOKI did a lot to confuse customers, they seem to use different hardness scales on different rubbers.
We just adviced ITTF to update M4 technical Manual as follows:
📌 2.7 PACKAGING
DESIGNATION OF RUBBER PROPERTIES.
-- A hardness value shall be indicated either by Shore А or by Shore O scale or both. The type of hardness scale must be еncoded with letters HA and HO respectively.
-- Hardness scale of a different type shall not be used.
EXAMPLE.
HA 42.0°
HO 52.0°
HA 38.5°
HO 48.5°
(refer to the image enclosed)
-------------------
Be happy all
Yep. T3 Speed is the softest...Softest Loki rubber I tried was T3 Speed it said 35° felt really soft, only usable on BH, probably best with a hard blade.
I watched the Russian review of this rubber. He had 475 version. He said it's in Japanese scale because it's even harder than D09c.Loki Telson 100 comes in mid-soft sponge that is advertised as 45 degree Shore O.
I'm inclined to believe the reviewer that it was harder than 47.5d.I watched the Russian review of this rubber. He had 475 version. He said it's in Japanese scale because it's even harder than D09c.
You sure about that? I always thought that 41 is about 57,5... The Jekyll C55 felt much softer than DHS H3 40...Old post but we have made this available for comparisons:
https://lokisport.co.uk/shop-by-rubber-hardness/
https://lokisport.co.uk/guides/chinese-vs-european-rubber-hardness/
I think the chart is only a rough guide. They show the euro hardness as always being 10 degrees higher than the Chinese, when it isn't as linear as that.You sure about that? I always thought that 41 is about 57,5... The Jekyll C55 felt much softer than DHS H3 40...
That lines more. When I measured the C55 it was 38-39 Shore AI think the chart is only a rough guide. They show the euro hardness as always being 10 degrees higher than the Chinese, when it isn't as linear as that.
There is a thread here: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/a-bunch-of-questions.15840/
and chart https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/attachments/img_0621-jpg.12546/ which seems more accurate
Many thanks. We have updated the tool to what the community is using.I think the chart is only a rough guide. They show the euro hardness as always being 10 degrees higher than the Chinese, when it isn't as linear as that.
There is a thread here: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/a-bunch-of-questions.15840/
and chart https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/attachments/img_0621-jpg.12546/ which seems more accurate