What rubbers should I get for my new blade??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hey!

I've been playing a Butterfly Grubba Carbon All+ with Butterfly Sriver FX 2,1mm on FH and Speedy PO 1,9mm on BH. I felt it pretty slow so I bought a JOOLA K7, tried it before and it's pretty awesome. I play mostly topspins on FH and hitting/blocking on BH, first ball topspin than hit, hit, hit on BH. Sometimes I felt I could use a tiny bit more grip on BH so thought I try a Raystorm.The speedy po is pretty awesome as well, my opponents said it's harder and more frustrating to do topspins against it thant an inverted. Also I don't know if I use 1,9mm or 2,1mm

So my questions:
What difference would 1,9mm make on FH(using sriver fx) compared to 2,1mm?
What difference would 2,1mm make on BH (using speedy po, or raystorm) compared to 1,9mm?
Should I stay with the speedy po or try a raystorm?

I want to have the same speed on BH than on FH, but not as much spin. Also I'm a bit worried that with an off+ blade 2,1mm sponge thickness would be a bit hard to control.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I recommend not using black on a grey background... anyhow.
A thicker sponge does not always imply faster, considering you have a dang fast blade, the sponge would extend the distance into the blade by 0,2mm and probably not increase the speed. Although I would not be a 100% certain about that statement lol. The spin however will definitely be slightly increased. (but should get a short pip player to give a comment on this, I have no personal experience with pips out.. only in theory lol) Though, Wanting more grip on a short pips rubber the raystorm is the perfect choice from Butterfly. (because you have ofc similar rubbers from other brands).
But I'd personally say go for it. :L

Last edited: