Which backhand rubber for my Yasaka Sweden Extra blade?

This user has no status.

Very satisfied with most of my current setup: Yasaka Sweden Extra, FH Xiom Vega Europe (max), BH Donic Bluegrip C2 (1.8)

Only thing I would to improve and/or change is my backhand rubber. I'm a forehand dominant player and most of the time I use my backhand for control (push, block, punch). I've a quite ok bh spin opening, my backhand spin in the rally could be way better. I can not generate that much speed with my backhand as with my forehand (so I'm ending up ending up alsmost never using it matches). Back in the day I felt very comfortable playing backhand spin in matches with Mark V, big downside for me was the speed.

I've tried several backhand rubbers over the last years (Rakza 7, Rakza X, Vega Europa, Mark V, FX-P) and I'm still looking for the 'right' one''.

I'm looking for something similar to what I'm using right now, only more speed is needed (preferably in 1.8 or 2.0). I like to play with medium or medium/hard rubbers on my backhand. Any advice what rubber might be a good fit?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

Very satisfied with most of my current setup: Yasaka Sweden Extra, FH Xiom Vega Europe (max), BH Donic Bluegrip C2 (1.8)

Only thing I would to improve and/or change is my backhand rubber. I'm a forehand dominant player and most of the time I use my backhand for control (push, block, punch). I've a quite ok bh spin opening, my backhand spin in the rally could be way better. I can not generate that much speed with my backhand as with my forehand (so I'm ending up ending up alsmost never using it matches). Back in the day I felt very comfortable playing backhand spin in matches with Mark V, big downside for me was the speed.

I've tried several backhand rubbers over the last years (Rakza 7, Rakza X, Vega Europa, Mark V, FX-P) and I'm still looking for the 'right' one''.

I'm looking for something similar to what I'm using right now, only more speed is needed (preferably in 1.8 or 2.0). I like to play with medium or medium/hard rubbers on my backhand. Any advice what rubber might be a good fit?
I used to have the same issue. Too passive on backhand and lacking speed. I used Tenergy 19 and found great results.

If you are a control player with bh this can give you additional speed and spin that you might have been looking for.

With Tenergy 19 I found that it had good mix of control and speed. I could easily put more pressure towards the opponent with little to no effort. It’s also very good for flicks.

my main issue with it is that topsheet is very delicate so you need to take care of this rubber. It can crack easily under friction so be careful when regluing.

you will also need to make sure to be gentle when regluing because the sponge the structure can be easily ripped off.

Reactions: Gaucho and yoass
This user has no status.
Have you thought about vega pro? Works well on the Sweden Extra, I find.
Interesting suggestion, I was considering Vega Pro but I don´t have any reference nor someone plays with this rubber at my club. Can you tell you me something about the playing characteristics? (Maybe also compared to Vega Europe?). With Vega Europe on my forehand I can really crank it, I've tried it on backhand and the speed just isn't there, obviously that has to do with the quality of my backhand😅.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016

I used sweden extra for years and still think it's one of the best blades around. Can't believe it's still so cheap. Most of the students I coach also start off with the sweden extra so I've got to see how a lot of different rubbers feel on it. The two rubbers I think jive best with the sweden extra (that I've tried) are vega euro and vega pro. Vega euro just seems to make an easy mode for forehand looping... just so forgiving, yet you can still get that spin. But I found vega pro better on backhand for me, especially for serve return and punchy shots. I really struggle with serve return, so this might not be as big of a plus to everyone. It's got quite a high throw angle, which I find good for opening up on backspin serves. It feels a bit harder than vega euro and I find it gives me more feedback, but it's not so hard that you can't feel the ball sink in. Maybe the topsheet is a bit soft, or at least that's how it feels. I also think it has quite a bit more zip than the euro when the rally speeds up but, at the same time, is a little less bouncy for touch shots.

Right now I'm using v15 limber and vega pro on a balsa blade. The v15 is a little softer feeling than the vega pro and also has that similar forgiveness of vega euro, but higher throw angle, and I'm absolutely loving it on bh, but I haven't tried it on my sweden extra yet.

Reactions: Gaucho
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

I used sweden extra for years and still think it's one of the best blades around. Can't believe it's still so cheap. Most of the students I coach also start off with the sweden extra so I've got to see how a lot of different rubbers feel on it. The two rubbers I think jive best with the sweden extra (that I've tried) are vega euro and vega pro. Vega euro just seems to make an easy mode for forehand looping... just so forgiving, yet you can still get that spin. But I found vega pro better on backhand for me, especially for serve return and punchy shots. I really struggle with serve return, so this might not be as big of a plus to everyone. It's got quite a high throw angle, which I find good for opening up on backspin serves. It feels a bit harder than vega euro and I find it gives me more feedback, but it's not so hard that you can't feel the ball sink in. Maybe the topsheet is a bit soft, or at least that's how it feels. I also think it has quite a bit more zip than the euro when the rally speeds up but, at the same time, is a little less bouncy for touch shots.

Right now I'm using v15 limber and vega pro on a balsa blade. The v15 is a little softer feeling than the vega pro and also has that similar forgiveness of vega euro, but higher throw angle, and I'm absolutely loving it on bh, but I haven't tried it on my sweden extra yet.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. What about the Vega X?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016

I've actually got a pair of Vega X in the drawer that I haven't tried yet. Pretty excited about trying that rubber but haven't gotten around to it. If you try it on the Sweden Extra, please share your experience. I was planning to put them on my balsa blade but if someone tells me they're great on the Sweden Extra, I'll try that too :)

Reactions: Equaaz