which blade + chinese rubber for beginners?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Hi, I am now 6 months into table tennis and have some questions about equipment. I pretty much started with chinese rubber since the beginning and have used Friendship/729 Battle II 2.1mm (47 shore O) for the last 4 months on both sides. Is this a good choice for beginners?
I am using an allwood 5ply bty primorac 93g blade. My setup weights 191g.

A few days ago I tested a friends bat and it was just a "wtf-moment", it felt instantly much better than my setup though we have a similar setup. Friends bat: Donic Ovtcharov Feat, also 5ply allwood blade but much lighter ~75g + 2x Friendship/729 Origin Soft (45 shore O). Way better control and overall slower. The "feeling" was outstanding and just felt right. My setup feels "dead" compared to that.

Today I tested my rubbers on a DHS PG7 blade(90g) and it was a similar result, way better "feeling" than with my primorac, similar pace compared to primorac.

Any idea whats wrong with my primorac blade? is it maybe bad for my rubber or did I just a have bad luck with my exemplar?

Which blade´s are considered to be a nobrainer for beginners in combination with chinese rubber?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways I ordered the Origin rubbers and will do more test´s. Next blade´s i´ll test will be on my Stiga clipper wrb oversize & SpinLord Ultra Allround.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
If you feel like your blade feels too stiff, why don't you just put your rubbers on the softer blade that you tested? Why not buy the PG7 or another similar blade?

You could also keep your current blade/rubber and try boosting your rubber to soften them up. If you boost them, that will improve the feeling and suppleness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
If you feel like your blade feels too stiff, why don't you just put your rubbers on the softer blade that you tested? Why not buy the PG7 or another similar blade?

Why do u think that I feel that the blade is too stiff, did I say so? Also I would say that the PG7 is more stiff than the Primorac. I already own the PG7. I opened this thread because I want to understand why there is such a huge differenc plus the science behind it..

You could also keep your current blade/rubber and try boosting your rubber to soften them up. If you boost them, that will improve the feeling and suppleness.
thanks for this tip, I will check on that