Which blade do you think got the best looking design?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Of course, love your own...
uploadfromtaptalk1443972616215.jpg

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
As far as I see the question of the topic should be asked like this:
"Which blade do you think got the best looking design in the following categories:
a, modern - (very colourful and new styles)
b, classical - (pure wood looking with solid design elements)
c, stylish - (between these two, modernish looking with minimalistic design)?

a, Some andro blades cs5/7
b, Palatinus virtuoso
c, BTY Sclager inspire (the "new" design, which looks like the Kreanga Aeros), or DHS Hurricane

Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Wau!!! That is a beautiful blade. Look at the grain! Look at the handle. I wouldn't even want to put the rubber on it looks so good.

To me, that kind of blade looks way better than anything from the top companies.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Really beauty .. but this blades also play perfect ... if you have hard wood handle with special secrets inside it is better balanced than this soft hollow handles from big companies, And you can choose the type of the wood you prefer to get the maximum from the blade.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
In my country this top layer wood is called double cut weener. Which is a very cheap and low quality material. It is made from weeners that do not pass the quality control, then these sheets are glued and pressed to form a qube, then this qube is sliced in a perpendicular angle to the original plane. This is how you get this pattern on the wood. It looks nice, but it is only second or worse class material.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Yes the one top ply is one top quality ply ...in this case "White limba" i think.... try to do a research before you post something like this nonsense.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Sorry to but in, but I think I have to clarify some things. Ross Leidy's blade is among the most beautiful blades out there, there is no way he would be using glued up several veneers for top ply (or any ply actually). The top wood on that blade is "quarter-sawn" white ash, which is actually the most expensive type of white ash veneers available on the market. It's more expensive than "flat-sawn" ash that more common used. Quarter-sawn white ash is also used as Nittaku violin and violincello's top ply.

On the other hand, the one that use glued-up veneers like qvoliszz describe is......Stiga. Here are the proof :

1237.jpg2308.jpg
On Ebenholz top ply, you can see the wood grain make V shape, and on XO blade, one part of the veneer grain is straight from top-down, and one is not. That's why I don't use Stiga :p

Edit : Not all Stiga blades are like these actually. I haven't seen any like this on Clipper, and Stiga Maplewood NCT yet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Wau!!! That is a beautiful blade. Look at the grain! Look at the handle. I wouldn't even want to put the rubber on it looks so good.

To me, that kind of blade looks way better than anything from the top companies.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

sold it for 200usd after spending about as much. it was violin composition with a larger head and i asked him to make the handle squared with a mizutani super zlc style in blue. i regretted selling it the day after doing so. but he begged me to buy it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't really like hard blades but some of the blades in Ross Leidi's photo gallery are really stunning. That Birdseye Maple and some of the blades with quarter sawn top plies and fish scale grain patters are truly beautiful. I would think of getting one, even if it was just to put on the wall.

But it does make me wonder how they play.

Sent from Borgin&Burkes by Patronus

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
hahahaaa... You really like that blade, don't ya??

:D

This reminds me of a shark. When one weapon (tooth) breaks the next one's ready to pop up... ;)
Yeah gets the job done like many other blades. But this blade sealed my confidence so I decided to stick to it, yeah I know, more of psychological thing. Having confidence on your equipment is quite a strong thing though and maybe even stronger than your love for your wife, because no matter how nice looking a new bat is and no matter what super duper zlc is in it, you just wouldn't give a f*c*.[emoji6]

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews
Hi all!

It looks like I stirred some water up, so I believe it is time to clarify.

To UpSideDownCarl:
Yes the blade is beautiful, and the reason I said that is I saw a little white line on the image in the pattern, that made me think. Because I have not seen this blade in real life, so it was absolutely possible that I'm mistaking. Even, I must say that I did not found anything stating that the manufacturer uses only complete and perfect veeners.

"[h=1]Veneer[/h]The following veneers are available for outer and medial plies. The photos are taken from my own inventory and provide a representative example of the color and character of the wood species.

My goal is to find veneers that are both visually appealing and suitable for use in blades. If you're going to invest in a custom blade, I think it should not only play great, but should look great, too!

The veneers are listed in order from softest to hardest."

But if you say that it is genuine and of the highest quality, I believe you.

To Tokieboi:
Thank you for the support, it is a shame to see Stiga do this crappy work. Also it is shameful that other "trademarks" mesmerize us with tradition and history. Just like the new Alsér blade series. There is the Alsér 5, carb 7, carb 9, etc... all made in Tranas, the Mekka of swedish craftmanship, where all veeners are belowed and handled with care, no synthetic glues are used and the well known Stiga blades were made here (Alsér, Stellan, Johannson etc...) So the new Alsér series came out, with one slogen: made in Tranas.

PA200094_zps3ca5d21f.jpg
And these are my friends are double cut (recycled) limba veeners. And the smell of the blade tells that synthetic glue was used instead of the traditional size. So if such "trademarks" and beliefs can fall I will always suspect something fishy when a blade is cool.

To all:
I am terribly sorry if I offended someone with my beliefs and experience in the field.