Which rubber to choose after the Butterfly Rozena

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
So I have played the Rozena on my forehand for about 4 months now and really liked it. Many say it's like a toned down version of the TO5 and because I haven't used any Butterfly Rubber I thought the Rozena would be a good solution to make my way into Butterfly Rubbers and figure out if it is something for me and it was but I think I'm ready to switch. Options are the T05 and I'm really fond of the Tenergy 19 aswell even though I heard the T19 is more suited for the Backhand what's the differences between them 2 exactly? Of course I'm open to try rubbers that are not from Butterfly. What I would like would be a rubber with which I can loop really well and maybe can produce a bit more spin than I can with the Rozena in the Medium Hard Hardness Range which also provides a good amount of safety.
Pretty long list of things that I want in my new Forehand Rubber I know :).
But I would appreciate any help/recommendations/advice
Thank you all in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I agree with Rozena being a stepping stone toward Tenergy 05.

For me Rozena is pretty similar to Rakza 7 soft, Fastarc C-1, BlueFire M2. and Xiom Vega Asia/Japan.

So if you want something medium hard with more spin, then consider Fastarc G-1, BlueFire M1 and Xiom Vega Pro. Out of all of them, Xiom Vega Pro is the most affordable one. I have two sheets of Xiom Vega Pro and it is quite similar to T05 except it does not have as many gears as T05. But I think Xiom Vega Pro is good enough; it even produces the familiar T05 clicky sound when you hit the ball hard enough.

Beware, Tenergy may make Your short game a living hell...
The reason being, it is one o the most reactive and spin sensitive rubbers on the market.
Rozena plays in an entire different division, You cant compare the two.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I think people are nick-picking about the Butterfly hardness degree and ESN hardness.

If you buy a package of Tibhar Revolution series (like EL-P, FX-D, MX-S and MX-P which I have tried those so far), in the back of the packaging, they clearly state a range of ESN hardness and a range of possible thickness. So roughly is what we should talk about.

I agree Rozena is a different, much more controllable beast so why go to Tenergy 05 if you like Rozena so much.

I agree with Rozena is similar hardness as BlueFire M2 or BlueFire M1, so that is why I would recomend BlueFire M1 which is most likely a bit harder than Rozena.

I would not choose Barracuda. There is nothing special about Barracuda compared to Rozena. I find Barracude might be a bit slower than Rozena. I think the OP is ready for something a bit faster and a bit more spin.

My other recommendation for Xiom Vega Pro remains. It is like T05 but withe better control,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
You could also switch to a faster blade if you enjoy the Rozenas. Which blade are you currently using?
like you said I thought about that aswell.
I play the Stiga Allround Evolution right now and I'm considering the osp virtuoso off- as the next blade. Although I don't think I will change the rubber and blade at the same time so what would you all think is smarter?
A new blade or a new rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
After a lot of reading on the same subject Rakza 7 (regular) seems like a natural progression from Rozena, but it may be too similar. Almost like an older gen of what Rozena is?

C-1 also seems to be a recommended step up, but may be on the softer side.

Vega Pro seems like a good option, similar to T05 yet slower/more controllable, but I think the new Vega Korea may be a better option as a midway point. Although I'm not to sure on the durability of this rubber or any of the Vegas tbh.

Honestly seems like all the ESN rubbers make an all-around rubber similar to Rozena so just find one you like the feel of and play with it, or stick with Rozena and get a thicker sponge if it works for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I definitlely advise for a faster blade.
As much as a rubber Upgrade is good, a faster blade will give you the most benefit, especially now during off-season.

I find slow blades are terrible for people who are looking to learn and Improve.

You can stay with Stiga or switch.
There are many good all-wood Stiga blades that would fit in this context.
Up to you.

Imo:
Blade Upgrade >>> Rubber upgrade
( most of the time in scenarios like this one)

Obviously its hard to judge via some posts online, but this would be my reccomendation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I definitlely advise for a faster blade.
As much as a rubber Upgrade is good, a faster blade will give you the most benefit, especially now during off-season.

I find slow blades are terrible for people who are looking to learn and Improve.

You can stay with Stiga or switch.
There are many good all-wood Stiga blades that would fit in this context.
Up to you.

Imo:
Blade Upgrade >>> Rubber upgrade
( most of the time in scenarios like this one)

Obviously its hard to judge via some posts online, but this would be my reccomendation.
Thank you probably gonna try that !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Thank you probably gonna try that !
It's also a lot cheaper if you think about it.

Get a faster blade which could be like $20-$50 for a pretty good one. Stuff from Sanwei, Yinhe, etc. They are cheap enough where you can do the reverse of what people usually do which is to find rubbers to suit their blade.

If you want to get faster rubbers than Rozena you're looking at $50+ per sheet since they'd be the latest technology. And those you gotta change every few months. And you already know you like Rozena so you'd be paying that much for disposable rubbers that you might not even like.

Hexer Grip or PowerGrip.
What about their endurance? At revspin somebody experienced very poor durability of Grip SFX version, and my colleague experienced exactly the same. Light contact with the table resulted into a topsheet tear. So, I'm curious if you have you tried SFX and if you could compare their durability, please?

_ak

This user has no status.
What about their endurance? At revspin somebody experienced very poor durability of Grip SFX version, and my colleague experienced exactly the same. Light contact with the table resulted into a topsheet tear. So, I'm curious if you have you tried SFX and if you could compare their durability, please?
you know, every time I give my bat someone to try they always scratch my BH rubber 🤣 . Hexers, Rozena, Yinhe Moon, you name it.

Yes, Hexers have quite soft topsheet and my PG SFX got very visible scratch but still it wasn't torn to the sponge, it still plays on my bat that I give my partners at work. I used a pair of Grip and PowerGrip from August till end of March without any scratches as I normally play a step back from the table. Of course they have well visible wear and tear but still spin well. At the moment I removed them and going to glue them to that "lend out" bat a bit later.

I'd say average durability, not great not terrible, much better than AK-47 or Xiom Vega Europe