Which training ball to pick

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I use Joola Magic at home with my robot, at our club we train with recycled match balls. New match ball at the start of every fixture, goes in the bag of training balls at the end of the evening, doesn’t take long to build up a decent stock for club practice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Kevenz are 3 Star training ball !!! They are not ITTF approved but they are brilliant quality I got 60 ball for £32 really happy with them !!!
These ones. I've been using them for a year now at home. They are much better than any Donic/Andro/Butterfly/Joola training balls I've played with, and they are dirt cheap (pretty sure you can get them for even cheaper if you get them from the global Amazon).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
JOOLA AdvancedTraining ABS 3-Star Balls - Orange - Pack of 60, $14.49 ($0.24/ball).

That is the price on Megaspin. Our club uses it. I use it at home to feed my kids multi-ball practice. Very very good balls at very very good price.

Nittaku J-Top is the gold standard for training ball. But at $89.95 for 120 balls (or $0.75 per ball) at Paddle Palace, it is not worth the price at all.

Butterly training balls were the worst and I think they are slightly better now.

Gambler 3-star balls used to be cheap enough for training ball purpose. But the price in 2023 simply does not offer the same value as a few years ago.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
JOOLA AdvancedTraining ABS 3-Star Balls - Orange - Pack of 60, $14.49 ($0.24/ball).
I while ago Joola gave me a box of these for free. And they are... well.. How do I put it... Not that good. Out of the box of 100, 62 survived 6 months I used them. Most were messed up by the robot, but some of them just cracked and died. I also hate the color. On the table I have (San-ei Tibhar) they are not very well visible. Maybe EU distribution or something.

Butterly training balls were the worst and I think they are slightly better now.
Agreed. They suck. Quickly get smooth and do not grip.
Gambler 3-star balls used to be cheap enough for training ball purpose. But the price in 2023 simply does not offer the same value as a few years ago.
I am based in EU, so Gambler is out of the question.

Reactions: BaRanchik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
This is what we use in our club . I also use them with my robot. They were pretty cheap while there was a promotion. Great quality for the price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I am ordering a bunch of balls for testing based on this convo:
  • Donic Coach
  • Tibar 40+ old purple
  • Tibhar 40+ new blue
  • Tibhar 40+ new orange
  • Gewo Training balls
I also already have:
  • Hueison balls
  • Joola 3 star orange advanced
  • Pandas
While I am at there I also bought the 3 star balls for sparing. I will test them out and report. Maybe the information will be useful for someone.