Why does my V-14 Pro feel so heavy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have a V-14 Pro that weights 93g. But when I glue rubbers to it and hold it, it feels WAY heavier than my other blades, for example my 90g Fang Bo carbon.

Also, the Fang Bo has a larger head, so there is more rubber glued to it. But still, somehow the V14 ends up feeling way way heavier and hard to handle. During warmups, my arm feels tired and heavy after just a few hits.

Any idea what's going on?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have a V-14 Pro that weights 93g. But when I glue rubbers to it and hold it, it feels WAY heavier than my other blades, for example my 90g Fang Bo carbon.

Also, the Fang Bo has a larger head, so there is more rubber glued to it. But still, somehow the V14 ends up feeling way way heavier and hard to handle. During warmups, my arm feels tired and heavy after just a few hits.

Any idea what's going on?

you can check the balance point. Some blades are head-heavy .

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If anything it's handle heavy. It has a thick handle, and a relatively small head.

If the weight of both blades is nearly identical, the reasons i can think of that one has a heavier feel than the other
is the balance point difference.
If you have a very heavy laminate you would be tempted to put a light handle on it. Size of the handle is irrelevant,
Some woods are very tense and heavy - others are very light.

My way of testing is to take a carbon arrow-shaft (any straight pipe will do) I line up both blades next to one another on top of the shaft
and roll them forwards and back.
I am sure you will find the head heavy blade tip down on the head-side much sooner than the other blade on your little see-saw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
If anything it's handle heavy. It has a thick handle, and a relatively small head.

A thicker handle can easily be lighter if it’s hollow. Either that or the rubbers are heavier, which can happen due to production inconsistencies even if you have the same rubbers. If you can, weigh the rubbers and test the balance point, it can only be one of those 2 possibilities.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The V-14 Pros I've seen have regular Yinhe headsize which is on the larger side, like 152x158 to 159mm.

we can see that you never bothered to read the #1 post.
Where Michael said : " Also, the Fang Bo has a larger head, so there is more rubber glued to it. But still, somehow the V14 ends up feeling way way heavier "

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014

we can see that you never bothered to read the #1 post.
Where Michael said : " Also, the Fang Bo has a larger head, so there is more rubber glued to it. But still, somehow the V14 ends up feeling way way heavier "

My point is that the headsize discrepancy between DHS blades and Yinhe blades is basically negligible. My DHS blades measure just about the same as my Yinhe blades