Why doesn't TT11 H3 have hardness options?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Why don't they sell the rubber with hardness options like 41, 40, 39, etc? Are you able to select the hardness, or do they just send you a random?
I have bought 30-40 sheets from them. Only 39 degree. No 41 or 40 degree. they do have some soft 37 degree and it will specify on the description of the sheets.

I don't know why. It must have something to do with them buying from the factory direct (from DHS) and they need to buy enough to meet quota. So with how much they need to buy and have to resell them, they chose to buy in large quantity of 39 degree but skip 40 or 41 degree.

If you read the description carefully there are some 40 and 41 degree Hurricane National and 40 and 41 degree Hurricane provincial available on their site.

The regular H3 neo commercial with orange sponge is the only one I have bought. They are all 39 degree. I am used to it though and I like it. I have no interest in trying other hardness of hurricane at this moment.

Reactions: longle and Jslick89
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
AFAIK, H3 in specified degrees is only available in mainland China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
It is not true that it is possible to buy different hardnesses of H3 rubbers only in China! We buy all H3 and NH3 hardnesses from DHS.
Yes. It's true. DHS have gone from the Soft/Medium/Hard to offer hardness by numbers outside China as well for the last two years or so. I got this from DHS directly so I guess it's so. :)

This user has no status.
Yes. It's true. DHS have gone from the Soft/Medium/Hard to offer hardness by numbers outside China as well for the last two years or so. I got this from DHS directly so I guess it's so. :)
Yes, around that time. Previously, DHS did not have a consistent hardness, so it listed hardnesses of 38-40 or 41-43. The ITTF didn't allow marking hardness for example 39° for the non-Chinese market because there were big differences in hardness.

Reactions: mocker88
Jan 2018
Those would be the mainland Chinese retail version, kind of like parallel imports. Overseas retail version doesn't come in specified degrees.

Jan 2018
Has been that way for a long time. Back in 10/2009 when the first batch of H3 Neo was available, the local retail version of commercial H3 Neo didn't come in specified hardness.
http://www.hkttf.com/viewthread.php?tid=19540&page=1#pid328181
http://www.hkttf.com/viewthread.php?tid=19540&page=1#pid333038
http://www.hkttf.com/viewthread.php?tid=15036&page=22#pid753621

Same thing for those in Taiwan. Back in 1/2011, the local retail version of commercial H3 Neo still didn't come in specified hardness.
https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/tabletennis/M.1294933378.A.4FD.html
[問題] 關於狂飆三的硬度
推 q22705660:普通版的neo 還有台灣代理商進的neo只有ONE SIZE 01/14 01:03

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
These are not definitions, these are bare facts.
@harty, I noticed that a lot of stock in the shop is not available, I was almost afraid that you're just letting the stuff sell out and ending. Your shop is pretty unique. (It's not that I need some rubber now - actually I have rel. new rubbers, and intend to experiment a bit to find H3 BS prov substitute.) But I hope everything is OK, and it would be interesting to hear about when new stock comes, or what are the plans, if it is not secret...

This user has no status.
I cannot visit your website since I am located in N. America.

But it looks like TT11 is offering various degrees of DHS, even though the shop is located outside of China.
Of course, at DHS you can buy H3 or NH3 hardness 37, 38, 39, 40 and 41°. The difference is in the thicknesses for H3 and NH3. In addition to 2.15 and 2.2 mm, DHS also offers 2.1 mm for the NH3, while only 2.15 and 2.2 mm are available for the H3. Then there are other DHS rubbers, where there are also other hardnesses, such as Skyline 3-60, TinArc. For every 10 pieces of regular rubbers, you can buy 1 piece of provincial or national edition. For every 20000 USD spent, you can buy 1 piece of W968.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Those would be the mainland Chinese retail version, kind of like parallel imports. Overseas retail version doesn't come in specified degrees.
Well. I get them all specified in 37, 38, 39, 40 and 41 deg. All the older markings are supposedly older rubbers still being in stock at other retailers...

Jan 2018
Commercial H3 in unspecified hardness (overseas retail version) has always been available. Commercial H3 in specified hardness (mainland China retail version) has only become available in small quantity outside China sometime after 2012. IIRC, a different local retailer has actually pointed out that overseas retail version, a generic version if you will, does not come in specified hardness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I got this from DHS Overseas Sales Department in November 2021.

"Regarding the hardness of rubbers, we used to use generic words to specify the hardness for overseas mkt, but starting late 2020, we have decided to terminate this kind of products. Thus, from TT11 or from Aliexpress, you should be able to buy the same products with hardness shown in figures."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023

Why don't they sell the rubber with hardness options like 41, 40, 39, etc? Are you able to select the hardness, or do they just send you a random?
It's random from the factory, specific hardness only on selected quantity and I believe only in Asia market, all other market are 37-39/40-42 like this, buy province version. Chooses the hardess you want.