wood blades age better

Hello!

I have noticed that wooden blades that have been used for years feel really premium and have way better touch and feeling.

How long does this process take, and what blades have the best "aging" what is your experience?

Kind regards

The wood slowly dries, this means that the characteristics change over time. It depends on how the wood was treated. I have a primorac carbon that was given to me in 1997. Since then it’s been just sitting and the top was extremely dry and prone to give in when changing rubbers. I can not judge what has happened to it in regards to playing characteristics but I am sure it has changed. It plays fine but maybe a little harder and slower.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Topspinslinger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello!

I have noticed that wooden blades that have been used for years feel really premium and have way better touch and feeling.

How long does this process take, and what blades have the best "aging" what is your experience?

Kind regards

Rumours also say higher quality of wood and craftsmanship were used in the old days. I have a Stiga made in the 1980s. The feel is so much better than Acoustic or Korbel.