xiom close to tenergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
xiom omega IV pro or elite . I play with omega iv elite on the backhand and im very satisfied with it . Its 80 % as good as tenergy in speed and 90 % in spin and it costs half a tenergy . definetely worth to give it a try . Pro is more fast , europe even faster and asia is like a tenergy 64 in terms of speed . The only thing that changes is the sponge , all xiom omega rubbers have the same topsheet . Hope i helped :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I just edited my post after getting correct info from tt edge and my club mates

xiom omega iv elite is similar to T64 not T05 ! t05 has harder sponge than T64

hard sponge = big swing = maximum speed (hard sponges need more power to compress but when they do they give more speed than softer sponges , it is like the modulus of elasticity in springs)

soft sponge = big swing = maximum control

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
tenergy 64 is really fast with hard sponge . xiom omega iv elite is slower with softer sponge . xiom omega iv asia with the hardest sponge of all omega iv series is the closest one to tenergy 64

hard sponge = big swing = maximum speed (hard sponges need more power to compress but when they do they give more speed than softer sponges , it is like the modulus of elasticity in springs)

soft sponge = big swing = maximum control

tenergy 05 and xiom omega iv elite have soft sponges so they are similar

My experience is the opposite frenzy. 05 has harder sponge and is preferred by top players as a forehand rubber. 64 is softer, has a higher throw and is more common on the backhand (as mechanics and technique is generally worse on most backhands IMO).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
My experience is the opposite frenzy. 05 has harder sponge and is preferred by top players as a forehand rubber. 64 is softer, has a higher throw and is more common on the backhand (as mechanics and technique is generally worse on most backhands IMO).

Indeed, 64 is supposed to be the softer one of the Tenergy family. I always used it on my FH and 05 on BH since my BH is much better haha. Now I use Xiom Vega Pro on both sides, it will definitely stay on the BH, not yet sure about my FH.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't know that the Xiom rubbers are actually like the Tenergy rubbers. I think they are like the Xiom rubbers. They are good. They are worth trying.

This is my understanding of the Tenergy rubbers. 05, 64 and 25 all have the same sponge. They sponge is not what changes. 05 has the smallest pips (narrowest diameter). 64, the pips are a little bigger which gives the topsheet a harder feel, but the sponge is the same. 25 has the largest pips, look at them if you ever get a chance, they are really big. That gives 25 the hardest feel. Again the sponge is not what has changed. Just the pips. All three have the same spring sponge.

With Xiom Omega IV, this is my understanding. What changes is the sponge, except on the Pro where the Sponge and the Top Sheet has changed. Elite has the softest sponge. Europe is harder than Elite but softer than Pro or Asia. Asia is the Hardest. And then, with Pro, the sponge is somewhere in between the hardness of Europe and Asia, and the topsheet is a slightly harder rubber.

Here is the link to where I got that info on Xiom Omega IV: http://www.mytabletennis.com/shop/rubber/inverted-rubber/xiom-omega-iv-pro-rubber.html

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you all. I send an e mail and asked the xiom.

The answer was that the omega pro is close to tenergy 05.

I have hit with them both. The sponge bounces differently. The topsheet is waaaaaaay different. They both are good rubbers but they are not similar. I like Omega IV Pro about as much as Tenergy 05 but they are not similar. They both work well but they do not play like each other.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
More on the differences:

Tenergy's topsheet has a slight tackiness. Xiom's topsheet is completely smooth. So they generate spin differently.

Tenergy's spring sponge, when you bounce the ball softly on it is not bouncy. But when you dig in to a shot, the spring in the sponge kicks in. Xiom Omega IV Pro's sponge is much more bouncy when you drop the ball softly on it, but has about the same bounce when you swing harder.

Xiom Omega IV Pro is excellent rubber. Perhaps, just as good. But they are very different rubbers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
obviously el gato wants a rubber cheaper than tenergy with "similar" efficiency or at least close to tenergy

Xiom Omege IV Pro is great, Omega IV Europe is great, Omega III Europe is great, Vega Pro is great. Any of those are top notch. More than good enough to use to replace Tenergy. But they do not play like Tenergy. :) I just don't think Tenergy should be the comparison in that way. They are different. The Calibra rubbers are not like Tenergy either but they are great rubbers.