Yinhe 30th Anniversary Version pro V14

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
So I found this blade on Aliexpress:

And then I found a review of it on revspin:
"This blade isn't like a BTY TB ALC, it basically IS one. It has the exact same composition and plies (koto, ALC, limba, Kiri, limba, ALC, koto). It plays identical because it basically is identical for a quarter of the price. It is also extremely well made. Probably the best sanding job I've seen. It's also sealed nicely, so you don't need to seal it yourself. Basically, if you're thinking about getting the Timo Bill ALC, do yourself (and your wallet) a favor and get this instead. You won't be disappointed."

So as you can see this guy is saying its identical to BTY TB ALC.
Price is 21$ incl shipping on aliexpress.
Its basically 8x cheaper than the BTY.
Am I missing something here? Am I hallucinating? haha

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So I found this blade on Aliexpress:

And then I found a review of it on revspin:
"This blade isn't like a BTY TB ALC, it basically IS one. It has the exact same composition and plies (koto, ALC, limba, Kiri, limba, ALC, koto). It plays identical because it basically is identical for a quarter of the price. It is also extremely well made. Probably the best sanding job I've seen. It's also sealed nicely, so you don't need to seal it yourself. Basically, if you're thinking about getting the Timo Bill ALC, do yourself (and your wallet) a favor and get this instead. You won't be disappointed."

So as you can see this guy is saying its identical to BTY TB ALC.
Price is 21$ incl shipping on aliexpress.
Its basically 8x cheaper than the BTY.
Am I missing something here? Am I hallucinating? haha
I had this before. It's pretty good, but quite a bit stiffer than viscaria. It's closer to TB ALC, but also still stiffer than TB ALC.

I think the Yinhe Pro 01 is thinner and closer to viscaria.

Sanwei 75 is pretty good, but a bit thicker than viscaria. But decent feeling and catapult.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I had this before. It's pretty good, but quite a bit stiffer than viscaria. It's closer to TB ALC, but also still stiffer than TB ALC.

I think the Yinhe Pro 01 is thinner and closer to viscaria.

Sanwei 75 is pretty good, but a bit thicker than viscaria. But decent feeling and catapult.
interesting find. thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Different people would have different opinion about same blade. You shouldn't judge blade base on one opinion. You won't know until you try by yourself
Agree. I don't like Yinhe blades. And every blade depending on the tree it sources from is different. Don't get seduced by one person's opinion.

Reactions: kindof99