Yinhe Jupiter 3 Amazing Rubber

This user has no status.
I would recommend 39d or 40d. 41d isnt bad, but plays closer to regular Chinese rubber.
I don't want necessarily super hard rubber. I have big dipper 38 currently on v14 pro and it is just fine, except long and high arc. If the arc was lower and everything else was the same, that would be perfect for me. Will Jupiter 3 39 do the job?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I don't want necessarily super hard rubber. I have big dipper 38 currently on v14 pro and it is just fine, except long and high arc. If the arc was lower and everything else was the same, that would be perfect for me. Will Jupiter 3 39 do the job?
Certainly J3 39 is fast, very grippy, spinny, and not super hard. Compared to H3, it has a lower arc. But I'm not sure if the arc is lower or higher than BD. But in general, J3 has a slightly lower arc than H3, but higher than B2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Jupiter3 39 with a booster can, but can you handle it? Jupiter is faster than Big Dipper, but topsheet is harder and therefore it is more difficult to get strong rotation. Big dipper is softer, slower, more spin. To my taste, the Big Dipper works better on a fast blade with external carbon and koto, such as yours, than the Jupiter.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I ordered a sheet a week ago and cant wait testing it on my homemade Cybershape...
I also have a homemade Cybershape. I'm currently playing this with long pimples on my backhand. If you use hard maximum rubbers, the balance is greatly shifted towards the head of the racket. This is due to the increased area and shape of the Cybershape. The racket turns out to be powerful at impact, like a hammer, but clumsy - making a banana or chiquita is very difficult. A possible solution is to use lighter and therefore softer rubber. I put the pimples on and I really like it - a lot of control, very clear ball feel not comparable to standard shaped blades. There's something in this...

This user has no status.
So I received the J3 38° last week.
Played a short session with the robot on Sunday.
Blade is a selfmade 7ply allwood cybershape around 90g.
Though I have short pimples on the Backhand the blade is very heavy (even 2-3g plus compared to the D09c in max).
I realised a lower trajectory and long+ low arc compared to K3 and D09c (I didnt like the D09c that much). At first balls went into the net as i had to adjust quite a bit. I compared to another blade with Rasanter C48 and this was much easier for me with a higher shorter arc.
But my findings in the past where often not to judge a rubber/ blade by just playing vs the robot.

So yesterday i had a 2h regular training session and overall I liked it a lot more then on first contact. Also I know some chinese rubbers need a few hours before they play well so I hope the rubber will develop a little more.
Pushes and short play was easy, on backspin I had some trouble and many balls went into the net- I think this is the main adjustment I have to manage.
But counters worked very well immediately. The grip is very good and over the table you can just go full stroke (blade in a flat angle) to land real rockets on the table.

Some balls from the mid distance and some blocks went short as the rubber is a little slower on small impact than d09c.
I will get my new cybershape with hybrid inner/ outer basalt fiber ready this week and will reglue the J3 and than try it again on friday with the new setup.

Overall I liked it more than the D09c, but my favorite is K3 which for me is a lot more easy to play with. I hope J3 will get a little more lively over the time and maybe the new basalt blade will give it that extra kick needed for my taste.

I didnt test Bloom Power on the 7 ply cybershape but on other blades it gave me more safety (higher arc) than the J3.