Yinhe rubber variation?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yinhe markets the Moon series as a alternative to Tenergy, so I decided to give it a try. I had a sheet of Yinhe Moon Speed hard, and it wasn't terrible, but it felt very dull and linear. It didn't feel very elastic, and the color was a dull red or faded red color. The rubber also had a "dry" look and feel. My conclusion was that there were better rubbers at the price. And it really was nothing like Tenergy in the overall feeling and bounce.

But then my friend slapped on a Moon Speed medium on his blade and I tested it, it was night and day. It had a softer, more elastic topsheet. And the topsheet color was a bright shiny red, rather than a faded red. I'm not saying it was Tenergy, but it mimicked some of the characteristics of Tenergy. It was bouncy and fast, and had that elastic feel to it.

Has anybody else noticed enormous differences in Yinhe production? I never would have guessed these to be the same rubber. Based on my friend's rubber, I would highly recommend Yinhe Moon, but I don't know whether most of the rubbers are like that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Moon and Moon Speed are different rubbers. The Moon comes with a layer of glue pre-applied, the Moon Speed doesn't. I think the Moon has a little more spin than the Moon Speed. For me the Moon has been very reproducible, I've used probably 10 of them (for different rackets).
I bought them all from princett.com so maybe they are all from the same batch ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
What is the purpose of the glue pre-applied?

I was thinking maybe the difference is from the Medium Moon Speed vs Hard Moon Speed. But its still hard to imagine there being such a huge different on just this one difference, even down to the topsheet color being radically different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yinhe markets the Moon series as a alternative to Tenergy, so I decided to give it a try. I had a sheet of Yinhe Moon Speed hard, and it wasn't terrible, but it felt very dull and linear. It didn't feel very elastic, and the color was a dull red or faded red color. The rubber also had a "dry" look and feel. My conclusion was that there were better rubbers at the price. And it really was nothing like Tenergy in the overall feeling and bounce.

But then my friend slapped on a Moon Speed medium on his blade and I tested it, it was night and day. It had a softer, more elastic topsheet. And the topsheet color was a bright shiny red, rather than a faded red. I'm not saying it was Tenergy, but it mimicked some of the characteristics of Tenergy. It was bouncy and fast, and had that elastic feel to it.

Has anybody else noticed enormous differences in Yinhe production? I never would have guessed these to be the same rubber. Based on my friend's rubber, I would highly recommend Yinhe Moon, but I don't know whether most of the rubbers are like that.is there any Chinese rubbers good for backhand?

Has anybody else noticed enormous differences in Yinhe production? I never would have guessed these to be the same rubber. Based on my friend's rubber, I would highly recommend Yinhe Moon, but I don't know whether most of the rubbers are like that.
Thanks for sharing bro, I am using pro 01 with bh focus snipe 3 and I want to change yinhe moon speed med or yinhe earth 2 med as backhand is this suitable? Pls give me some advices bro is there any other Chinese rubbers good for backhand (pls tell me hardness too) thanks 🙏

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks for sharing bro, I am using pro 01 with bh focus snipe 3 and I want to change yinhe moon speed med or yinhe earth 2 med as backhand is this suitable? Pls give me some advices bro is there any other Chinese rubbers good for backhand (pls tell me hardness too) thanks 🙏
I find with 2nd tier Chinese brands, it is better to go softer sponge.

Moon Speed does come with "glue/booster layer" on the sponge. Same as Moon and Mars and all other planets and its neighbors.

Moon Speed Medium is not bad (depending what you want to compare with).

Not sure what happened to OP's moon. Maybe it was 2nd hand or old stock. Consistency of my stock so far has been pretty good.
I have more a cut problem (rubber is not cut into that square with label in the middle) than color issue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
What is the purpose of the glue pre-applied?

I was thinking maybe the difference is from the Medium Moon Speed vs Hard Moon Speed. But its still hard to imagine there being such a huge different on just this one difference, even down to the topsheet color being radically different.
I think glue sheet is so you can use less glue yourself.

I think the difference is probably the hardness. But the "dry" different top sheet is weird.

As for color, maybe a qc issue with how much coloring they put in for the different batches?

I agree with Tony that this is an anomaly, the yinhe I get are pretty good quality, even the cheap mercury 2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

I glued-on a brand. Sheet of Yinhe Moon (Soft) just a weeks, and had 3 sessions with it..

The sheet came with a layer of glue, already prssent, but it seemed pretty much useless. So, I applied another layer of DHS 15 glue..

I agree, 100% with Michael..It sure felt rather dull, and linear..Nothing like any of the T energy series..Does not suit my FH, but its okay for my BH... Rather disappointing..