Dhs H301 vs Butterfly innerforce alc blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Does something like ovtcharov alc have as many gears as h301 or would it be hard and uncontrollable in the short game?
It is somewhat hard. I don't think short game is the problem.

But I think it has less catch on your loops. There is always a tradeoff between catch and rebound.

I would recommend you the Sanwei 75 inner.

It is the same composition as 301: Koto-ayous-alc-ayous. So in some ways, it would be similar to 301.

But it is a bit thicker and quite a bit faster.
I'm a bit worried about quality control. Doesnt ovtcharov alc or harimoto alc have plenty of dwell time? paired with softer rubbers they should have plenty of control and gears, no?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm a bit worried about quality control. Doesnt ovtcharov alc or harimoto alc have plenty of dwell time? paired with softer rubbers they should have plenty of control and gears, no?
Sure, Harimoto is a good blade with decent dwell time. Go ahead and get that one if it is drawing your attention.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
A Harimoto won't change anything for you. The difference is way too small.
The handles are very different though. (I could not get on with the (FL) DHS-handle at all.)
An OALC might be another story.

_ak

This user has no status.
I would recommend you the Sanwei 75 inner.

It is the same composition as 301: Koto-ayous-alc-ayous. So in some ways, it would be similar to 301.

But it is a bit thicker and quite a bit faster.
Revspin puts H301 higher about speed though. Mine 2 species of 75 inner are 89g 1420 Hz and 90g 1140 Hz

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
How does the DHS Hurricane 301 compare to the butterfly innerforce blades like ovtcharoc alc, harimoto alc etc. Im considering an upgrade from h301 and im curious how about different they are
I actually did the opposite, I went from Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC to H301t ;) Main differences, I was a backhand oriented player where i didn't like that on the Bty where H301T was way better with the Koto outer play for backhand. Later got another H301Z.. depending on the feel that you like. Going from a Koto outer Ply blade to a Limba Outer ply blade... biggest difference would be the feel and speed. I do use both types of blade where i like the Limba outer ply on FH and Koto for BH.

What are your criterias for an upgade? Speed? Spin? Feel?
If speed is the main criteria, i would suggest you go for an Outer carbon blade with Koto Outer ply .. eg Viscaria, FZD ALC equivalent. Likewise, I'm using Xiom TMX Pro currently which is an awesome blade with crisp backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I actually did the opposite, I went from Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC to H301t ;) Main differences, I was a backhand oriented player where i didn't like that on the Bty where H301T was way better with the Koto outer play for backhand. Later got another H301Z.. depending on the feel that you like. Going from a Koto outer Ply blade to a Limba Outer ply blade... biggest difference would be the feel and speed. I do use both types of blade where i like the Limba outer ply on FH and Koto for BH.

What are your criterias for an upgade? Speed? Spin? Feel?
If speed is the main criteria, i would suggest you go for an Outer carbon blade with Koto Outer ply .. eg Viscaria, FZD ALC equivalent. Likewise, I'm using Xiom TMX Pro currently which is an awesome blade with crisp backhand.
Which blade feeling more flexible, DHS 301T or DHS 301Z ?

Thank you sir.
Best regards,