Disappointed with Stiga blades and rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi all,
I have got my Stiga cabonado 145 Chinese penhold blade with new STIGA CHINESE Dragon DNA rubbers forehand with DNA pro backhand I feel the combination’s performance is not as good as I am expected. I feel disappointed. Any new suggestion to change the blade or rubbers?
To me, there probably isn't any rubber that is categorically better than those. I mean, almost any other rubber you try will also be made by ESN. So if that rubber was terrible, I don't see how switching to another ESN rubber would change much.

Is there a rubber that you already do like?

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
„Performance is Not as good as expected“ is not a sufficient description for anything…
What is not good? What does not feel good? What is your level? What is your playing style? Is it too hard? Too stiff? Too fast? Too low throw? Too high throw? Too spin sensitive? Blablabla.
I mean the blade and rubbers bounce feel a low end product as I have other blade which is by comparing is better than this Stiga one. I have a different feeling that the Stiga’ blade is overstated by its bounce and speed performance all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
What are you comparing it all to?
To me, there probably isn't any rubber that is categorically better than those. I mean, almost any other rubber you try will also be made by ESN. So if that rubber was terrible, I don't see how switching to another ESN rubber would change much.

Yes I have played with dhs hurricane 3 rubbers with ELP from Tibhar it feels good in terms of elasticity and speed. Yinhe big deeper is all right considering its performance and price ratio. I have tried Yasaka blade with these rubbers they feel good. So to make a lists of rubbers I have tried I feel butterfly T05 is the best for backhand but it is hard to find alternatives with a lower price that is why I have tried again with Stiga DNA rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yes I have played with dhs hurricane 3 rubbers with ELP from Tibhar it feels good in terms of elasticity and speed. Yinhe big deeper is all right considering its performance and price ratio. I have tried Yasaka blade with these rubbers they feel good. So to make a lists of rubbers I have tried I feel butterfly T05 is the best for backhand but it is hard to find alternatives with a lower price that is why I have tried again with Stiga DNA rubbers
Well I have ELP and also DNA platinum. There really doesn't exist any huge difference between them that would cause one to like one and dislike the other. They are made by the same company, and basically similar to each other.

If you want alternative to T05, some often mentioned rubbers are MXP and G1. Personally I think Nexy Etika is very good and similar. Nittaku Z2 is similar and probably even better.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Well I have ELP and also DNA platinum. There really doesn't exist any huge difference between them that would cause one to like one and dislike the other. They are made by the same company, and basically similar to each other.

If you want alternative to T05, some often mentioned rubbers are MXP and G1. Personally I think Nexy Etika is very good and similar. Nittaku Z2 is similar and probably even better.
Why I tried other people’s equipment when compared with my ones I feel better, I tried many combinations with my blade with my chosen rubbers I have a different feeling e.g worse. For example Peter Kabel from butterfly is a very old blade with MXP forehand with MXS backhand when I tried with it feel better than my possessed blade is that because of rubber combination with blade or because of blade and rubber themselves?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Why I tried other people’s equipment when compared with my ones I feel better, I tried many combinations with my blade with my chosen rubbers I have a different feeling e.g worse. For example Peter Kabel from butterfly is a very old blade with MXP forehand with MXS backhand when I tried with it feel better than my possessed blade is that because of rubber combination with blade or because of blade and rubber themselves?
It sounds like you prefer bouncier rubbers and that the two Stiga ones you have chosen are harder and denser.
I think you'd enjoy the medium hardnesses from Stiga :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Which Yasaka blade did you try?

So to sum up all these posts i'm reading (which I am struggling with)
You have a Yasaka something blade
Petr korbel blade
and these 2 you like?

Then for FH rubber:
DHS H3 (which version?)
MX-P
Big Dipper (which version?)

Then for BH rubber:
T-05
MX-S

Which DNA rubber do you have?

This user has no status.
Which Yasaka blade did you try?

So to sum up all these posts i'm reading (which I am struggling with)
You have a Yasaka something blade
Petr korbel blade
and these 2 you like?

Then for FH rubber:
DHS H3 (which version?)
MX-P
Big Dipper (which version?)

Then for BH rubber:
T-05
MX-S

Which DNA rubber do you have?
I have DNA dragon grip on my forehand and DNA pro medium on my backhand I feel no difference by these combinations.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Is this rubber an ESN rubber? Can anyone confirm this? I thought Stiga did not get its rubbers made at the ESN factory which is why so many of their older rubbers, like Calibra were so flat and useless.

I remember a lot of people with a lot of not so good things to say about Stiga rubbers not all that long ago. Hopefully their rubbers are better these days. But.....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Is this rubber an ESN rubber? Can anyone confirm this? I thought Stiga did not get its rubbers made at the ESN factory which is why so many of their older rubbers, like Calibra were so flat and useless.
My understanding was that Calibra was Daiki and DNA was ESN. But that's just what I got from the forum, so might be wrong.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My understanding was that Calibra was Daiki and DNA was ESN. But that's just what I got from the forum, so might be wrong.
I am comfortable with the fact that I don't know. But, if it is an ESN rubber, that still does not mean it would be the same as all other ESN rubbers.

The table tennis companies design the rubbers. ESN makes them. But they are not all the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I am comfortable with the fact that I don't know. But, if it is an ESN rubber, that still does not mean it would be the same as all other ESN rubbers.

The table tennis companies design the rubbers. ESN makes them. But they are not all the same.
I don't think they are the same, but I don't think they are so different that you can like one and hate the other. I think you can like one and love another. But that's just my opinion on these ESN rubbers.

But in this case, I have used both DNA and ELP, and I didn't find anything to hate about either of them. To me, they are similar enough to like both.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I don't think they are the same, but I don't think they are so different that you can like one and hate the other. I think you can like one and love another. But that's just my opinion on these ESN rubbers.

But in this case, I have used both DNA and ELP, and I didn't find anything to hate about either of them. To me, they are similar enough to like both.
And yet, someone does seem to like one and not the other. And it is worth knowing that different players feel different things. And slightly different techniques would cause one rubber to be more useful than another.

It is hard to make universal statements about equipment when you are one level and someone else is a completely different level of player. This is one of the reasons online reviews are often misleading. No two players feel the same thing with the same equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I remember a lot of people with a lot of not so good things to say about Stiga rubbers not all that long ago. Hopefully their rubbers are better these days. But.....

Calibra, Mantra (including new Mantra Pro) is made in Japan
DNA Pro and then the new DNA Platinum/DG etc, is made in Germany

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
As you have played with Hurricane 3 and Big Dipper and they feel quite good, why not look in that area for a rubber that suits you better? Dragon Grip has a softer top sheet and a bit more bouncy sponge and is a quite different rubber compared to H3 and BD.

I guess that you like to get the effect that H3 and BD gives as they react quite direct on harder strokes with a more closed bat angle? Anyway, that's what I need myself. :)

I have tried many of these hybrid rubbers with tackier top sheet as well, but they all feel mushy when adding more power, so I only use Chinese rubbers as the combination with a harder sponge and a stiffer top sheet fits me perfect, and there are many to choose from.

As for backhand. I have Big Dipper 38deg as it gives me good grip and superb control, and it's more controllable than any tensor rubber. On the downside, it requires more from your technique when attacking. But why don't you try a softer, grippier tensor rubber like Andro Grip/Powergrip SFX, Pimplepark Epos or a non tacky Chinese rubber like 729 Focus III Snipe alt. Palio AK47 series that gives grip and really good control?