2nd Deaf National Championship 2011

Hey TTD Member's

I'm James Meyers and 18 years old. I'm also Deaf (Hard of Hearing). At the moment, I'm playing for Deaf Great Britain Team and been represented GB at Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan in 2009 and 12th European Deaf Championship in Poland 2011. My ranks is no.3in Great Britain, no.46 in European and no.81 in the World. I hope your all enjoying the site because I know i am! :)

jmeyersdeafnationals.jpg

I played at the 2nd Deaf National Championship in Wolverhampton on 11th June for the first time because I broke my left foot last year. I played so well as lost the Semi-Final in Open Single against to GB no.1 Andrew Calloway (ranked 47 in deaf world). Then played 3rd/4th place and won the match and came 3rd overall.

Became the new National Double Champion 2011 with Mark White.

&

New National Handicap Single Champion 2011 (I started at 6 points and most people start at 10/12 points).

I had amazing day at 2nd Deaf National Championship, now it's time for me to training hard at Bristol Academy to improve and might become new National Single Champion next year!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I want to ask a question and maybe its not polite to ask and you dont have to answer but whats the disadvantage of being deaf in table tennis? You dont hear the ball bounce but is that really something you need in table tennis?

Again I ask this question with all good intention, because for us hearing people with dont know what its like to play without hearing anything.

And good luck in the future!