Back to Andro Treiber H / Rasant Grip set-up

This user has no status.
Hi all
Hands up, I got it wrong. I'm back to using the Andro set-up.
After play with the Innerforce ZLF/05FX set-up, I found it very dead and unresponsive.
The sound was dull and spin/control/speed set-up for me was far superior with the Andro combo.
For the moment I'm keeping most of the set-up but I may try the Rasant Beat
I know a lot of people decry Andro but I have to say, I'm quite impressed..............and a lot cheaper
than Butterfly!
Andy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Andy,

Where are the videos you promised...

Given where you are at right now based on the problems you have described recently, I wouldn't suggest you take any view you have on equipment seriously. All of us who have been there and done that know that until you have mature strokes, you really can't evaluate equipment because most of the inconsistent evaluation will be driven by your inconsistent technique. When you can loop 40 balls of similar quality in a row, it is easier to discuss what the blade/rubber is doing to your stroke with practice partners or by watching video. Right now, it is largely more about how you feel than anything else.

That said, there are good reasons to stick with a good blade in the ALL/ALL+/OFF- range that is all wood and to use any decently spinny rubber or Tensor in 1.9mm or 2.1mm. But beyond that broad description (and others can disagree somewhat), most of it is technique. I don't like composites like the ZLF because I need the wood to give me feedback and I prefer to feel my strokes as linear. If that is what you are decrying, I agree with you.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In the end, what feels good to you and you feel confident with right now may be worth sticking with. Too bad that other setup didn't feel right to you. It does feel way different than a lot of other blades. It is one of the softest blades I have felt. But that is a looping machine.

Even if that is the case, if it doesn't work for you, something you like better and feel more confident playing with is worth using.

That being said, there is a lot of good information in NextLevel's post. As your technique and contact get better you will feel equipment differently. As you get more consistent, you will be better able to feel the nuances of what harder and softer blades and different kinds of rubber do.

And there is no question that an ALL, ALL+ or OFF- blade that is 5 plies all wood and 6mm or less--5.6-5.8mm is a really good thickness--will help develop touch, control and better contact better than a composite blade will.

One other thing I will say, my friend who has the InnerForce ZLF with T05 (FH) and T05FX (BH), he actually did not like it at all for the first week. It was too different from what he was using and SOOOOO much softer. But then, after using it for a few weeks, two things happened. One was that he started getting used to it and feeling what that softer surface was doing for him. The other was that the blade actually broke in a bit and started playing better.

So you can just go back to your old setup. But you could give the new setup a chance and see if you get used to it after a few weeks. If not, going back the the old setup is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Andy just a friendly unsolicited advice. Yup just keep the zlf 05fx and invest on good coaching for now. Then get back to your zlf after 3 months or so and surely you'll realize that you have one decent weapon in your armory. Quite a number of advance players in my place are drooling for the setup that you have there and some just can't accept the price that they have to pay to have it.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Hi all
Hands up, I got it wrong. I'm back to using the Andro set-up.
After play with the Innerforce ZLF/05FX set-up, I found it very dead and unresponsive.
The sound was dull and spin/control/speed set-up for me was far superior with the Andro combo.
For the moment I'm keeping most of the set-up but I may try the Rasant Beat
I know a lot of people decry Andro but I have to say, I'm quite impressed..............and a lot cheaper
than Butterfly!
Andy

I have the exact same blade. Compared to my old custom allround blade with Andro Impuls Speed it is way better. Also note that Rasant Grip is in the top at Tabletennisdb.com. For the up coming season I will change the backhand to Grip as well and change to 2.1 mm on both sides

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i was googling it, but did not find, so i came across this thread and since it is related to treiber H i did not want to create new one just because one simple question

It would be better to create a new thread than to start a totally different discussion in a 5 year old thread. So, I would just start a new thread.