I'm stuck between Andro Treiber Z and Butterfly Primorac Carbon. Any thoughts on which one's better for me?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I'm thinking of switching up my blade for more bounce speed and doesn't require a lot of force, but I'm not sure if I can control the T5000 or Primorac Carbon. I checked out the Andro Treiber Z, which seems fast and controllable at a way cheaper price. I haven't really used an Andro blade before, so not entirely confident about its quality bounce and sweet spot. I used to be an intermediate player and now I aim to find a blade that doesn't require expensive rubber for long-term use. Now I play for just 2 times a week.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I haven't really used an Andro blade before, so not entirely confident about its quality
Generally, the quality of ANDRO blades is good. The quality of the new Korean made SYNTELIAC blades is exceptionally good.
Both Primorac Carbon or Treiber Z could be a bit demanding for rather casual play.
Which blade are you are playing right now, that would help to recommend for a suitable update in speed as you wish.

Reactions: Yodsian
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Generally, the quality of ANDRO blades is good. The quality of the new Korean made SYNTELIAC blades is exceptionally good.
Both Primorac Carbon or Treiber Z could be a bit demanding for rather casual play.
Which blade are you are playing right now, that would help to recommend for a suitable update in speed as you wish.
I use Butterfly Petr kobel with Tibhar k2(FH).
This is my FH topspin.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    568.7 KB
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Your form looks good but sterile drills in practice does little to show how well you'd do in a match setting. In my experience, the higher speed a blade offers through improved stiffness and hardness, the more work you have to put into the touch and spin areas of your game. If you are that scared of a blade being too hard or too stiff, you can consider trying out an inner carbon construction blade, which is less of a jump from 5 ply wood than a thick 3+2 blade like PC or an outer carbon construction like Treiber Z. Treiber CI, Innerforce ALC/ZLC, Fang Bo B2 are all popular inner construction carbon blades, maybe you can find someone to borrow off of so you can try before you buy. But I always say you will not know for sure until you experience it for yourself.

Reactions: Yodsian