宋鸿远 (Song Hongyuan) Video

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Maybe it would be cool to take one big point, cut it up into pieces and slowmo it. And then insert other points in between.

Let's say you have for example a big point with 10 strokes, cut it up into 10 pieces and you take a few nice service winners after the service, then a few nice return winners after the return and then a few big backhand spins, etc...

The 'inception'-idea of a dream in a dream would then turn into 'rallies in rallies'

Damn it's hard to explain this way... Hope you got the idea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Great video.

I am actually not that impressed with Song Hongyuan as a player however. I think of the juniors that played in that world junior championship for the Chinese team Lin Gaoyuan and Zhou Yu showed the most promise and potential.

Song Hongyuan just happened to be the oldest and therefore won the finals. His performance against Niwa Koki was pretty disappointing. He is like several years older than Niwa and still lost. He got absolutely trounced. Lin Gaoyuan, even though he also lost, did a lot better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
olvarox - that is actually a great idea, and I see how it fits with the Inception theme. Great suggestion.

scylla - thanks for the compliment. His backhand is tremendously weak for his level, or even for 2 levels below him for that matter. Do you think the coaches gave him the win against Lin? Hmmm. Yeah, he got manhandled by Koki, I think if his backhand develops (alot!), he can definitely be a big threat with a nice complement to his awesome forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I don't know, he seems like one of those solid players, but there isn't any part of his game that really stands out as a big strength in his game. Its kind of how I feel about Hao Shuai, and Yan An. A lot of people are all impressed with Yan An, him being quite young, and yet beating Wang Hao, but he just seems like a very solid all arounder, who doesn't do any aspect of the game exceptionally well. At least that has been my view of him thus far.

Song was like at least 2 or more years older than his fellow chinese team members in the world junior championships, and I think that more than anything was the reason he won. Like I said earlier, Zhou Yu and especially Lin Gaoyuan if he grows taller, seem to have a much better feeling for the game, better talent, and a much higher ceiling in terms of all around game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
There's alot of truth in your post. He probably won't advance as far as the rest will, his doubles partner Fang Bo seems to be a level higher already? The backhand is simply too weak. His forehand is quite good however, not exactly dominating.