Best Long pips OX for ATTACKING

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hello everybody,

Since long time I had this idea in my mind that for attacking using long pips ox with horizontal distribution I felt more confortable with the racket in a vertical position.

Did it happen also to you?

This week I got the chance to test the Dizzy OX from Sanwei. An interesting rubber with vertical alignment of the pips and cheap price.

It was such a good surprise for me to notice that with this vertical alignment I got the possibility to let my racket in horizontal position and have the same feeling of attacking easily.

It is difficult to say that one rubber is the best for something, but If you match this video, you can notice how confortable the attacks seems.

But, as always, I would like to have your opinion and learn from your experience.

Regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
The Aggressor, Aggressor Pro and Evo models work just like LP and are excellent for attack. They have quick sponges. At the high performance level, the thickness of these sponges must be minimized so that, in the face of a topspin with a lot of spin and speed, the balls remain inside the table. At lower levels, where you don't play as quickly, they are excellent rubbers for doing all kinds of techniques, even with 2mm sponges.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
The Aggressor, Aggressor Pro and Evo models work just like LP and are excellent for attack. They have quick sponges. At the high performance level, the thickness of these sponges must be minimized so that, in the face of a topspin with a lot of spin and speed, the balls remain inside the table. At lower levels, where you don't play as quickly, they are excellent rubbers for doing all kinds of techniques, even with 2mm sponges.
I didn’t try them yet. Good to know. Anyway, I can tell you, this DZ is a long pips that behave as long pips and let you attack easy for a really good price. Difficult to find those thing in a rubber some times.

I didn’t try them yet. Good to know. Anyway, I can tell you, this DZ is a long pips that behave as long pips and let you attack easy for a really good price. Difficult to find those thing in a rubber some times.
Have you had any chance to try Fakir by DMS? There are some LPs I would really like to try (Monkey, DZ, Desperado Reloaded) and Fakir looks quite interesting, too.

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Have you had any chance to try Fakir by DMS? There are some LPs I would really like to try (Monkey, DZ, Desperado Reloaded) and Fakir looks quite interesting, too.
Fakir I didn’t try but sound interesting. I will take a look.

Monkey, desperado and DZ I tried this season:

Monkey are the fastest one I ever try, they are really interesting for blocking and send the ball to the third zone of the table, making the oponen uncomfortable since the first ball. But you need a proper technique, and I don’t recommend them on fast blades, because you can lose all the control feeling.

Desperado is in this moment the best rubber for reversal spin close to the table. They are fast but with more feeling of control, flexible but direct. A really interesting option for people who play close to the table.

DZ are my favourite ones, they have a vertical alignment, different to the other two. This characteristic makes them really easy for attacking, but with out losing the control for blocking. They are slow, and give more time of contact with the ball for making lateral movements at the moment of blocking and also allow you to play in the first and third zone of the table. Also they have half of the coast than the others.

If you want to try any of them, I have promo codes for buying them with some discount.

Regards.

You're a star! Thanks a lot for your summary. I really appreciate it. You have that gift to highlight just the most important things, which is great.

Yesterday I tried Monkey OX on Tibhar Samsonov allround blade and it was a totally crazy experience. First couple of passive blocks... all of them over the table, oops, catapult effect or what?!o_O First BH chops... oops, I really can't lift up any lower ball, why?o_OActive block, push, fine. Balls went little a bit higher, but okay, maybe that's because I've never played any OX before. After a while I was able to somehow return anything and... almost any faster drive resulted into a) straight ball, which started to wobble on the opponent's side -or- b) totally insane fast ball with a parabolic curve, which I've never seen before.👻o_O👻Sidespin matters? Anyhow very funny, I enjoyed that session, but poor colleague.🤕

I understand that Monkey version with dampening sponge 0.6mm could help to block fast shots and keep ball on the table easier, but I wonder
1) how much dampening sponge affects all these wobbling effects?
2) could I lift up a lower ball more easier?
3) would you recommend Donic Defplay Senso blade for Monkey or DZ?
Could you please advise?

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024

You're a star! Thanks a lot for your summary. I really appreciate it. You have that gift to highlight just the most important things, which is great.

Yesterday I tried Monkey OX on Tibhar Samsonov allround blade and it was a totally crazy experience. First couple of passive blocks... all of them over the table, oops, catapult effect or what?!o_O First BH chops... oops, I really can't lift up any lower ball, why?o_OActive block, push, fine. Balls went little a bit higher, but okay, maybe that's because I've never played any OX before. After a while I was able to somehow return anything and... almost any faster drive resulted into a) straight ball, which started to wobble on the opponent's side -or- b) totally insane fast ball with a parabolic curve, which I've never seen before.👻o_O👻Sidespin matters? Anyhow very funny, I enjoyed that session, but poor colleague.🤕

I understand that Monkey version with dampening sponge 0.6mm could help to block fast shots and keep ball on the table easier, but I wonder
1) how much dampening sponge affects all these wobbling effects?
2) could I lift up a lower ball more easier?
3) would you recommend Donic Defplay Senso blade for Monkey or DZ?
Could you please advise?
Hello,

Thanks to you for asking and being interested. This is the idea of my channel, share that I know and learn from the community.

About the description you made: you are right, Monkey is a really linear rubber, for getting a bit of parabolic movements you really need to do fast movements when the ball just touch your side of the table using the spin of the opponent. Anyway it takes time and patience and I would even say that you can not spect a big parabolic movement with this rubber after all. This rubber was design by Sebastian Sauer for his game style that is really linear and direct (you can watch some videos about him playing and you will get immediately what I mean).

Answers to your questions:
1. Yes it affects, but I have to tell you: it is not a big difference. The point is that the linear trajectory of Monkey is not made by the OX, it is made by the separation and stiffness of the pips. You can try to use sponge but the line made by the ball will be continue being almos rect, maybe, because is slower with sponge, the ball will be in more times.

2.I would say it is not the most recommended for lifting low balls, fur sure you can lift them opening more the racket, but again, if you are expecting parabolic movements, it will not happen.

3. For Monkey yes, actually I saw Sauer using slow blades with this rubber and the results are interesting. You lose a little bit the power of the push with them, but you gain more balls in the table. For DZ I recommend, from my experience, blades all round or -OFF. I myself use -OFF and it is the best balance between safe balls and possibility to do higher movements with the racket for getting speed.

DZ is an much slower pips than Monkey, but with DZ you can lift low balls with out big efforts.

Always happy to answer your questions.

Regards.

About the description you made: you are right, Monkey is a really linear rubber, for getting a bit of parabolic movements you really need to do fast movements when the ball just touch your side of the table using the spin of the opponent. Anyway it takes time and patience and I would even say that you can not spect a big parabolic movement with this rubber after all. This rubber was design by Sebastian Sauer for his game style that is really linear and direct (you can watch some videos about him playing and you will get immediately what I mean).

Answers to your questions:
1. Yes it affects, but I have to tell you: it is not a big difference. The point is that the linear trajectory of Monkey is not made by the OX, it is made by the separation and stiffness of the pips. You can try to use sponge but the line made by the ball will be continue being almos rect, maybe, because is slower with sponge, the ball will be in more times.

2.I would say it is not the most recommended for lifting low balls, fur sure you can lift them opening more the racket, but again, if you are expecting parabolic movements, it will not happen.
Thanks a lot for your effort and willingness to share your know-how. I watched these videos, he even used both OX and 0.6mm versions in one of them, highlighting that incredible fast shot block, but without any details on other aspects. I never watched any video with such parabolic movement neither. After you explanation it's clear. And you helped me to understand that 0.6 mm version would fit me better, thank you. I've resigned from LP because I wanted to change my boring chopper style and I found out that SP fits me better, but you made me to think I could replace a rubber on my spare Defplay Senso blade just for fun occasions. I really can't wait for your comparison with Fakir. I hoped Fakir could have even a higher fun factor than Monkey, but from first videos it seems that technical specification is their only interesting and exceptional thing. We will see. Take care.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Thanks a lot for your effort and willingness to share your know-how. I watched these videos, he even used both OX and 0.6mm versions in one of them, highlighting that incredible fast shot block, but without any details on other aspects. I never watched any video with such parabolic movement neither. After you explanation it's clear. And you helped me to understand that 0.6 mm version would fit me better, thank you. I've resigned from LP because I wanted to change my boring chopper style and I found out that SP fits me better, but you made me to think I could replace a rubber on my spare Defplay Senso blade just for fun occasions. I really can't wait for your comparison with Fakir. I hoped Fakir could have even a higher fun factor than Monkey, but from first videos it seems that technical specification is their only interesting and exceptional thing. We will see. Take care.
Hi, I’m happy that the information is useful and clarify your doubts. About Fakir I just noticed that this is a rubber from Der Materialspezialist. Unfortunately they have clear policies of not doing collabs with people that have used other brands. Then I can not work with them. Such a pity.

Regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Diegox & others,
Just curious > What was the originally intended purpose of the type of pips you are talking about and what happened to that and how did we end up here in 2024 ? :rolleyes:
I proposed some long pips ox that for me are the best for attacking, in the process appeared more and the discussion is nicely going on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
He's not a troll, I guess. IMHO he's Wellso, who was deleted for some controversial post on LP and ITTF a few weeks ago.
Well, I'm certain that he is.

Just look at his ramblings in the thread about "doubles from different continents", specifically the last paragraph in post # 10 about booster surpremacists, ITTF's supposed fake whinings about wanting longer rallies, the supposed discrimination of choppers etc.; it gives it away pretty easily. The same guy with the very same same ramblings and who appears on different forums with his "agenda". If you've seen and read enough of him over the years it's fairly easy to sniff him out.

Maybe he is/was (also) Wellso, maybe not (I haven't looked at his posts), but I'm sure he is the same guy (Carline most recently, Paulina etc., just to name a few usernames of his on the main german forum) who posted pretty heavily on the german forum the past few weeks and months, and because he got not enough responses his posts became more and more agitated.
So, trust me on this one, Bersof is a (more or less well known) troll. He will appear again under different usernames, but essentially with the same "agenda".

If Wellso's post got deleted, then for a reason. Carl surely can sniff him out as well. Controversial posts about LP and the ITTF? I mean, come, it's the same guy.

Last edited: